UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant karthikeasan
Participant

SEM IP Simulation Error

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using SEMIP controller to mitigate single event upset in configuration memory. ZynqUltrascale+MPSoC is the target device.

I could compile the SEMIP core(Generated in Vivado 2018.3) in batch mode using Aldec 10.4a without any errors/warnings.

But when I run the simulation, simulator throws the following error.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLI: Loading library 'C:\Aldec\Active-HDL-10.4a\bin\systf.dll'
ELAB2: Create instances ...
ELBREAD: Error: Design unit protected_b681919ad26e12af97e784dbd3e3874b instantiated in sem_ultra_v3_1_9.protected_ba660dd2bb4f5987528604c68e912b3beece5ea2746a75f53ce2b724f00ec754 not found in searched libraries: sem_ultra_v3_1_9, work.
KERNEL: Error: E8005 : Kernel process initialization failed.
VSIM: Error: Simulation initialization failed.
sim.do(30) Script: Break at line 30.
$

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Sem_ultra_v3_1_9 library was generated from vivado and attached in Aldec 10.4a.

This problem appears only in batch mode. In case, if i run the simulation in Vivado GUI (aldec10.4a simulator), there is no problem at all. It runs without any problem.

I am not sure why it is creating problem only in batch mode.!

Is anyone aware of  this problem ?

Thanks

KS

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: SEM IP Simulation Error

Jump to solution

First of all, the compatible Aldec Active-HDL version with Vivado 2018.3 is 10.5. Please refer to UG973.

If it works fine launching simulation from within Vivado GUI, I'd suggest that you compare the simulation scripts generated by GUi with the ones in batch mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: SEM IP Simulation Error

Jump to solution

First of all, the compatible Aldec Active-HDL version with Vivado 2018.3 is 10.5. Please refer to UG973.

If it works fine launching simulation from within Vivado GUI, I'd suggest that you compare the simulation scripts generated by GUi with the ones in batch mode.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post