Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodmcinnis
Contributor
Contributor

SIP_GTYE4_COMMON, SIP_GTYE4_CHANNEL

Jump to solution

I am trying to run a simulation on an example design that was created by Vivado.  The IP that the example design was for was the "gtwizard_ultrascale_0_ex"

I am using Vivado, 2018.3

I an using Modelsim for the simulator.  I have re-run the Xilinx "Compile Simulation Libraries" tool to ensure that my Modelsim libraries are up to date.  I clock on the "Run Simulation" arrow in the flow navigator and Modelsim launches and attempts to execute the "do" list.

Unfortunately, it errors out, unable to find SIP_GTYE4_COMMON and SIP_GTYE4_CHANNEL

Error: (vsim-3033) D:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/data/verilog/src/unisims/GTYE4_CHANNEL.v(3935): Instantiation of 'SIP_GTYE4_CHANNEL' failed. The design unit was not found.

** Error: (vsim-3033) D:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.3/data/verilog/src/unisims/GTYE4_COMMON.v(942): Instantiation of 'SIP_GTYE4_COMMON' failed. The design unit was not found.

I am guessing that there is a library missing but I can't figure out which one.  Here is the command line that the tool generated, showing the libraries it called out:

vsim -voptargs="+acc" -L gtwizard_ultrascale_v1_7_5 -L xil_defaultlib -L unisims_ver -L unimacro_ver -L secureip -L xpm -lib xil_defaultlib xil_defaultlib.gtwizard_ultrascale_0_example_top_sim xil_defaultlib.glbl

Can someone help me out here?

Thanks

Rod

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bandi

Hi @rodmcinnis ,

Glad to know that this issue is solved. can you please close this thread by marking the post which helped as accepted solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bandi

Hi @rodmcinnis ,

Can you please share the compile_simlib.log file and the Vivado.log to check at our end.

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
graces

Hello Rod,

As Sravanthi as pointed out, please ensure compile_simlib completed without any errors for the target Modelsim verison.

If you launch Modelsim from within Vivado GUI, the tool should be able to generate the correct simulation script with all necessary libraries referenced. Did you specify the pre-compiled library location in the Simulation Settings? This allows modelsim.ini with pre-compiled library mappings to be copied to the current simulaiton directory, so that the libraries can be found.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
rodmcinnis
Contributor
Contributor

It turned out to be that compile_simlib failed

Thank you for  your help.

Rod

0 Kudos
bandi

Hi @rodmcinnis ,

Glad to know that this issue is solved. can you please close this thread by marking the post which helped as accepted solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B

View solution in original post

0 Kudos