UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer pe-bot
Observer

Simulating PCIe endpoint for Virtex 6 in isim

Jump to solution

Hi.

Is there a way to simulate the PCIe endpoint for virtex 6 in iSim?

I've seen some hints on this forum that this is possible eventhough it is not officialy supported. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running 12.1 and using VHDL.

regard
Pedro

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer pe-bot
Observer

Re: Simulating PCIe endpoint for Virtex 6 in isim

Jump to solution

Hi.

It worked now. And it might have worked all the way from the beginning to. It just took way longer for the virtex core to go out of reset than it did for the spartan core. The spartan core took about 40us to deassert trn_reset_n while the virtex core took 8.7ms, so I simply thought it wasn't working. Should the time difference be that large?

regards

Pedro

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Observer pe-bot
Observer

Jump to solution

No help at all regarding this? What I find particulary annoying is that I have no problem what so ever in simulating the spartan PCIe endpoint, it is just the virtex one that is not working at all. Might be me doing something wrong. Has no one performed such a simulation in ISIM?

/p

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Pe,

I believe that in 12.2, there is support for ISim in the V6 PCIE block as well.

Can you try it out with 12.2 when it is available tomorrow? If it still does not help, we may be able to convert one of the scripts to ISim..

Thanks

Duth

0 Kudos
Observer pe-bot
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Duth.

I'll upgrade to 12.2 tomorrow and see if it help. I'll report back tomorrow then.

regards

Pedro

0 Kudos
Observer pe-bot
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi.

I installed 12.2 and regenerated the core and tried to run the simulation again. Still no luck, I get no response from the core. Is it supposed to work so that I'm just doing something wrong or is it still not supported?

/p

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Pe,

Are you getting an error when you try to run the Project Navigator project?

If you are, there is one fix to be made. I just found out that support for ISim is only in 12.3 and not 12.2, this is probably why it did not work out of the box.

What you can do is to right click on the file 

"gtx_drp_chanalign_fix_3752_v6.v" 

and select properties, then click on the check box that says include in global file list.

If this does not work for you - it worked here, please attach  your project here.

Thanks

Duth

0 Kudos
Observer pe-bot
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi.

It worked now. And it might have worked all the way from the beginning to. It just took way longer for the virtex core to go out of reset than it did for the spartan core. The spartan core took about 40us to deassert trn_reset_n while the virtex core took 8.7ms, so I simply thought it wasn't working. Should the time difference be that large?

regards

Pedro

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes the time difference is expected. The V6 PCie and GT cores are more complex and that is why the extra time can be expected. Going forward in the next architecture, this gap should hopefully be lesser.

Thanks

Duth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor digit
Visitor

Jump to solution

hi,

could you please tell me how did you do the pcie simulation in isim?i really have problem in testing my design which uses pcie.i'm using pciTree but no TLP could be seen on trn_rd and trn_td. i am really confused.i wll appreciate of you send me any advice.

Thanks.

Mahnaz

Tags (1)
0 Kudos