Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Simulating a custome IP created using the CIp Wizard

Hey

Is there any other way to simulate a custome IP created using the CIP Wizard than using the BFM model from Cadence ? Since I dont work with verilog I am not sure if that is the right tool for me.

I am using ISE 13.4 . Any suggestions is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Arvind

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Sure, you can simulate your own bus master. Or you can use microblaze.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Hello bwiec

Thank you for your reply. Could you explain a bit more by what you mean. Or point me to a document that clarifies what you told?

The thing is the working of my custom IP depends on an input from the C code running on the Microblaze and also from an external port pin monitoring a signal from the external hardware circuitry.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Sure, I would have a look at the EDK Embedded System Tools Reference Manual and/or the EDK Concepts, Tools, and Techniques guide.

Basically, you will use XPS to generate all your simulation files for you by selecting Simulation->Generate Simulation HDL Files (you specify a simulation elf file for executing your software). This includes a testbench which you can modify to provide external stimulus.

Make sure you are using a supported simulator and that you have compiled all of your EDK libraries as necessary.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Thank you so much for your Input. A great help really. :)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Absolutely! Good luck with your simulation :)

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos