Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Simulating encrypted Vivado IP in Active HDL

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I am trying to run a simulation in Active HDL for the Vivado IP floating_point. Using the 'get_files' tcl command, I was able to obtain a list of the required libraries and files:

xbip_utils_v3_0_7 c:/temp_files/fixed_to_floating/fixed_to_float/hdl/xbip_utils_v3_0_vh_rfs.vhd
axi_utils_v2_0_3 c:/temp_files/fixed_to_floating/fixed_to_float/hdl/axi_utils_v2_0_vh_rfs.vhd
xbip_pipe_v3_0_3 c:/temp_files/fixed_to_floating/fixed_to_float/hdl/xbip_pipe_v3_0_vh_rfs.vhd
xbip_dsp48_wrapper_v3_0_4 c:/temp_files/fixed_to_floating/fixed_to_float/hdl/xbip_dsp48_wrapper_v3_0_vh_rfs.vhd
xbip_dsp48_addsub_v3_0_3 c:/temp_files/fixed_to_floating/fixed_to_float/hdl/xbip_dsp48_addsub_v3_0_vh_rfs.vhd
xbip_dsp48_multadd_v3_0_3 c:/temp_files/fixed_to_floating/fixed_to_float/hdl/xbip_dsp48_multadd_v3_0_vh_rfs.vhd
xbip_bram18k_v3_0_3 c:/temp_files/fixed_to_floating/fixed_to_float/hdl/xbip_bram18k_v3_0_vh_rfs.vhd
mult_gen_v12_0_12 c:/temp_files/fixed_to_floating/fixed_to_float/hdl/mult_gen_v12_0_vh_rfs.vhd
floating_point_v7_1_4 c:/temp_files/fixed_to_floating/fixed_to_float/hdl/floating_point_v7_1_vh_rfs.vhd
xil_defaultlib c:/temp_files/fixed_to_floating/fixed_to_float/sim/fixed_to_float.vhd

My question is, how to compile those required libraries (xbip_utils_v3_0_7, axi_utils_v2_0_3, etc)? I have compiled the Vivado simulation libraries for Active HDL and couldn't find them. I am using Vivado 2017.2 and Active HDL 10.4 Plus Edition.

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Simulating encrypted Vivado IP in Active HDL

Jump to solution

I have figured it out.

In the original post, the library at the beginning of each line is supposed to be generated by compiling its corresponding source file. For example, the following command is used to generate library xbip_utils_v3_0_7 (for Active HDL):

vcom -2008 -work xbip_utils_v3_0_7 xbip_utils_v3_0_vh_rfs.vhd

After the libraries are compiled, the vhdl files can be compiled without errors.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Simulating encrypted Vivado IP in Active HDL

Jump to solution

I have figured it out.

In the original post, the library at the beginning of each line is supposed to be generated by compiling its corresponding source file. For example, the following command is used to generate library xbip_utils_v3_0_7 (for Active HDL):

vcom -2008 -work xbip_utils_v3_0_7 xbip_utils_v3_0_vh_rfs.vhd

After the libraries are compiled, the vhdl files can be compiled without errors.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos