UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor tni
Visitor

Simulating proc_sys_reset and clk_wiz

I'm simulating my design which uses the Zynq processing system to read a value from a custom IP core which is essentially a set of memory mapped registers. I'm receiving the following error message:

[105] : M_AXI_GP0 : *INFO : Reset detected - setting output signals to reset values and checking input signals for correct reset values.
FATAL_ERROR: Vivado Simulator kernel has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover. Process will terminate.

I suspect that the reset signal feeding into my ip core could be the culprit. As I try to simplify the testbench in an attempt to isolate the issue, I'm having trouble understanding the behavior of the processor system reset IP. As shown below: pl_reset is an active high reset signal that feeds into ext_reset_in of the proc_sys_reset.

Untitled.jpg

In my testbench, pl_reset is fixed at 0 for the entire simulation.

However, peripheral_aresetn, which connects to my custom IP core, changes state from 1 to 0 after 2.855 us and my simulation terminates with a FATAL_ERROR.

2.jpg

Another strange behavior is observed on RX_CLK and TX_CLK, the output of the clock wizard, which is shown to be briefly active after the simulation begins; stays quiet until after 2.5 usec and starts to toggle again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

tni

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Simulating proc_sys_reset and clk_wiz

On Vivado Simulator's behavior, it should not give FATAL_ERROR. Can you please share the design?

--dhiRAj

0 Kudos
Visitor tni
Visitor

Please go to portal.iders.ca

Click, pick-up.

Then use the following information to download the entire design:

Claim ID: muZEWYPrVVdYR6Eo
Claim Passcode: 3PtqHW5wNed56HDf

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Visitor tni
Visitor

I found the problem, apparently when I create an AXI lite custome IP with more 128 registers or more, I get this FATAL ERROR. When i create anything with 64 registers or less, this problem goes away.

0 Kudos

portal.iders.ca is showing Network Error. Can you please check that?
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos