UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor ronnywebers
Advisor

Simulating the AXI-Stream slave in a custom IP template generated by Vivado

I'm using Vivado 2018.2

I generated a custom IP template with an AXI4-Stream slave interface. As an example, that template creates  an 8-word deep FIFO:

type BYTE_FIFO_TYPE is array (0 to (NUMBER_OF_INPUT_WORDS-1)) of std_logic_vector(((C_S_AXIS_TDATA_WIDTH/4)-1)downto 0);

begin
-- FIFO Implementation FIFO_GEN: for byte_index in 0 to (C_S_AXIS_TDATA_WIDTH/8-1) generate signal stream_data_fifo : BYTE_FIFO_TYPE; begin -- Streaming input data is stored in FIFO process(S_AXIS_ACLK) begin if (rising_edge (S_AXIS_ACLK)) then if (fifo_wren = '1') then stream_data_fifo(write_pointer) <= S_AXIS_TDATA((byte_index*8+7) downto (byte_index*8)); end if; end if; end process; end generate FIFO_GEN;

I created a testbench to fill this fifo with 8 words of data, and the waveforms look ok.

Now I'd like to add some asserts, to check that the fifo indeed contains the written data. So basically I want to view/dump the fifo contents, and eventually make a self-checking testbench.

However, when I look in the Simulation window -> Scope -> Objects, I cannot find the array of 8 word (named 'stream_data_fifo')  that actually makes up the fifo:

axis slave - no fifo.png

-> is this expected?  Are 'array's never accessible as an object, and is there no way to add them to the the waveform config file? Any other way to verify this from a testbench?

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Simulating the AXI-Stream slave in a custom IP template generated by Vivado

Hi @ronnywebers ,

As the signal 'stream_data_fifo' is from the fifo_gen generation block. Can you please try selecting the fifo_gen VHDL block from scope window then check the object window for 'stream_data_fifo' array.

Capture.JPG

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos