cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WH1

Simulation Error: Wavedata 42-31, no waveform directory Vivado/2019.1 directory

Hello all,

I have to use version 2019.1 due to project constraints. I wrote and successfully simulated my code, but I have four errors of the above type ("[Wavedata-42-31] Couldn't write waveform viewer preferences file /home/wh/.Xilinx/Vivado/2019.1/waveform/wv.ini: cannot open file."). Upon looking into the Vivado/2019.1 directory, initially there wasn't a waveform directory. I manually created one, and set full read/write/execute access to it. The simulation still runs as expected, but I am not sure what to make of this error, and if it could potentially interfere with the simulation results. If possible, I would like to avoid a re-install. Further, I have an idea about what the "waveform viewer preferences file" does based on its name, but was unable to find a source explaining what it does. If anyone could point me in that direction that would be much appreciated as well. Thank you all for your responses 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
graces

Does the path /home/wh/.Xilinx/Vivado/2019.1 allow tool to write to it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos