cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Simulation error: [VRFC 10-2063] Module not found while processing module instance

Vivado 2014.1 +win7 are used in my case. 

In the simulation top verilog file, an AXI BRAM Controller 4.0 has been created and instantiated. This IP only used in simulation. 

When I tried to run the simulation, an error occurs:

[VRFC 10-2063] Module <axi_bram_ctrl_1> not found while processing module instance <axi_bram_controller> ["C:/**/TB_*e.v":333]

I googled and found there some similar cases like this. In Out of Context Setting, checkpoints file .dcp for this IP is disanbled. Then tried to run simulation again. There is still the same error.

Capture.JPG

Please help.

Appreciate it.

Sam

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Sam,

Once you run behavioral simulation, you can check .sim --> sim_1 --> behav folder (in project directory) for the .prj file.

Check this prj file to see if the files of BRAM controller are present or not.

There is no need of disabling "out of context" setting for the IP. The issue which you read about is in vivado 2013.2 which is fixed in 2013.3. As you are using vivado 2014.1 there is no need of disabling this.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Something else to try. Right click on the IP and select Reset Output Products followed by Generate Output Products and then try simulation.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello, I'm having the exact same problem in Vivado 2016.2. I have 2 modules (one is an IP and one is my own module) which are being detected correctly by synthesis and elaboration but I get this error during post-synthesis functional simulation. I've tried regenerating the IP and adding the files to the simulation manually but nothing works.

Any suggestions? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Well I managed to get around the error now. I'm not completely sure how but I think it may have been fixed by setting -flatten_hierarchy to "none" in the synthesis settings. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Actually I hit the error again even with -flatten_hierarchy "none". Looks like it can be fixed by simply closing vivado and then opening the project again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I had this problem, too, in Viv2016.2.  I have a project I've been working with for many months, copied it to a new location to create a new version, and suddenly the simulator could not find many modules, both IP and Verilog modules that I had written (even though all of the modules showed up in the simulation hierarchy).  I exited Vivado and got back in, no help.  I finally cleared it up by doing the following:

In the simulation hierarchy, I selected one (out of 20) of the modules that were not found.  I unchecked "Used In Simulation" in the properties for this module.  Then I checked it again.  Then ran simulation, and all was well.

Rick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Just found this error in vivado 2019.2 Ubuntu 18.04.

Here's the workaround that seems to allowed my simulation of XCI files within a systemverilog design.

I closed, reopened the tool - didn't affect that error message.

I changed project settings from Mixed to Verilog. Then closed, reopened the tool. Still an issue. Then I changed the settings from Verilog to mixed. This *may* have been what enabled simulation to work correctly.

Xilinx: it shouldn't be this hard nor random. This is a specific simulation project that was TCL driven in vivado project mode.

Here's the errors during xelab, FYI, before the intractable problem and subsequent fix...

ERROR: [VRFC 10-2063] Module <lpf_nn_system> not found while processing module instance <lpf_i> [tt_channelizer.sv:239]
ERROR: [VRFC 10-2063] Module <hb_nn_2> not found while processing module instance <hb1_filt> [tt_channelizer.sv:298]
ERROR: [VRFC 10-2063] Module <hb_nn_3> not found while processing module instance <hb2_filt> [tt_channelizer.sv:347]
ERROR: [VRFC 10-2063] Module <tt2_mac> not found while processing module instance <tt2_mac_isnt> [tt_Nchan.sv:270]
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3322] Static elaboration of top level Verilog design unit(s) in library work failed.

- Jerry

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

Had this exact problem again. The "solution" is not repeatable.

Going to create a new simulation project. Thankfully scripts save me from Vivado's shortcomings.

0 Kudos