UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor cheeseman231
Visitor

Simulation error - cannot find file but i verified file was in the correct spot - details below

Tcl Console output when trying to simulate:

launch_simulation
INFO: [Vivado 12-5682] Launching behavioral simulation in 'F:/VHDL_Projects/Xilinx_Projects/Vivado_F5_CoffeeMaker/Vivado_F5_CoffeeMaker.sim/sim_1/behav/xsim'
INFO: [SIM-utils-51] Simulation object is 'sim_1'
INFO: [SIM-utils-54] Inspecting design source files for 'Entry_MachineTB' in fileset 'sim_1'...
INFO: [USF-XSim-97] Finding global include files...
INFO: [USF-XSim-98] Fetching design files from 'sim_1'...
INFO: [USF-XSim-2] XSim::Compile design
INFO: [USF-XSim-61] Executing 'COMPILE and ANALYZE' step in 'F:/VHDL_Projects/Xilinx_Projects/Vivado_F5_CoffeeMaker/Vivado_F5_CoffeeMaker.sim/sim_1/behav/xsim'
"xvhdl --incr --relax -prj Entry_MachineTB_vhdl.prj"
The system cannot find the file specified.
INFO: [USF-XSim-69] 'compile' step finished in '1' seconds
ERROR: [USF-XSim-62] 'compile' step failed with error(s) while executing 'F:/VHDL_Projects/Xilinx_Projects/Vivado_F5_CoffeeMaker/Vivado_F5_CoffeeMaker.sim/sim_1/behav/xsim/compile.bat' script. Please check that the file has the correct 'read/write/execute' permissions and the Tcl console output for any other possible errors or warnings.
ERROR: [Vivado 12-4473] Detected error while running simulation. Please correct the issue and retry this operation.
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'launch_simulation' failed due to earlier errors.

'F:/VHDL_Projects/Xilinx_Projects/Vivado_F5_CoffeeMaker/Vivado_F5_CoffeeMaker.sim/sim_1/behav/xsim/compile.bat' script is:

@echo off
REM ****************************************************************************
REM Vivado (TM) v2018.3 (64-bit)
REM
REM Filename : compile.bat
REM Simulator : Xilinx Vivado Simulator
REM Description : Script for compiling the simulation design source files
REM
REM Generated by Vivado on Sat Jan 19 23:30:54 -0800 2019
REM SW Build 2405991 on Thu Dec 6 23:38:27 MST 2018
REM
REM Copyright 1986-2018 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
REM
REM usage: compile.bat
REM
REM ****************************************************************************
echo "xvhdl --incr --relax -prj Entry_MachineTB_vhdl.prj"
call xvhdl --incr --relax -prj Entry_MachineTB_vhdl.prj -log xvhdl.log
call type xvhdl.log > compile.log
if "%errorlevel%"=="1" goto END
if "%errorlevel%"=="0" goto SUCCESS
:END
exit 1
:SUCCESS
exit 0

I have verified that the "Entry_MachineTB_vhdl.prj" file is indeed in the same directory as the batch file.

if needed, i can provide the code that i am working on.

Thanks for any help provided!! :D

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Simulation error - cannot find file but i verified file was in the correct spot - details below

Are the files listed in the .prj accessible? 

Is 'F:' a mapped network drive? Does it make any difference by moving the project to local directory like in C:\?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos