Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d2d
Contributor
Contributor

Simulation is Very Slow why?

Jump to solution

Dear All,

I am working in Xilinx ISE 13.2, I have simulated my system which i have used FFT 7.1 IP core. when i run the simulation the speed of simulation is very slow.I mean that e.g for 2000ns simulation time it takes more than 20 to 25 mints. but when i remove the FFT core and the simulation speed is normal. 

can any one help me in this.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

When you generate a core in ISE, you typically have the option of either behavioral or structural simulation model.  I'm not sure if the FFT IP gives you both options, but if it does your best bet for simulation speed would be the behavioral model.  This would have no effect on post-translation simulation, however.

[Edit]  Also if you are using Webpack, you would have a "lite" version of ISIM which runs slower when you exceed some gate or line count.  A "full" version of ISIM would run faster for larger designs.

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

An fft has a lot of gates, 

so is slow.

try a very small fft to demonstrate, 

also 13.x is very old  do you have to use that, try 14.7, the last ise.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Also what simulator are you using and the system configuration as these will also effect the simulation speed.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

When you generate a core in ISE, you typically have the option of either behavioral or structural simulation model.  I'm not sure if the FFT IP gives you both options, but if it does your best bet for simulation speed would be the behavioral model.  This would have no effect on post-translation simulation, however.

[Edit]  Also if you are using Webpack, you would have a "lite" version of ISIM which runs slower when you exceed some gate or line count.  A "full" version of ISIM would run faster for larger designs.

-- Gabor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos