cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Simulation opening multiple WCFG waveforms

Jump to solution

Hi,

In my current project using Vivado 2017.4 and a Artix 7 device I have been working on simulations of some RTL which has been working great.   My only annoyance is that everytime I open my simulation it opens multiple WCFG files and I have to manually close the ones I do not want to have open.   If I manually edit the project.xpr file I can see indeed that multiple files are being associated.

Is there a way to edit this in the Vivado GUI, or if I want only a single wcfg file do I have to manually edit the file (see below screenshot) and remove lines 311...315 and line 328 for example if I do not want to see the I2C_test_behav.wcfg?

xpr_shot.png

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Simulation opening multiple WCFG waveforms

Jump to solution

Hi,

you can change it from Simulation Sources --> Waveform Configuration File

wcfg.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi,

you can change it from Simulation Sources --> Waveform Configuration File

wcfg.jpg

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

@Anonymous,

Thanks, I wasn't aware of those files in the sources view.

Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Actually that GUI method is too blunt of an instrument.

If you have multiple simulation sets associated with a project, you'll want to specify the simulation set you're adding to by modifying the GUI - based command.

Running the command from the GUI as indicated above yeilds the TCL command

add_files -norecurse /path/to/whatever.wcfg

This adds the file to every fileset in the project, which probably isn't precise enough. At least it added that wcfg file to both simulation sets and the "Design source" set - not exactly what I wanted.

I amended the tcl command with the specific sim set:

add_files -fileset sim_1 -norecurse /path/to/whatever.wcfg

And that worked exactly as I hoped.

Amendment: if you have a new waveform config file, you can save it into that specific simulation fileset from the GUI, the above applies when you have a waveform config file that you want to bring back into the simulation set.

The tool through the UI executes these commands from the save button (if you choose to add the wcfg to the simulation set)

add_files -fileset sim_1 -norecurse /some/useful/wave_config.wcfg
set_property xsim.view /some/useful/wave_config.wcfg [get_filesets sim_1]

- Jerry

0 Kudos