cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulator Refuses To Run

Ever since I installed Windows 10 fall update, the program been more unstable. I manage to create a project, but I cannot run simulator anymore. Whenever I run simulator, it gets stuck on executing simulate step, then my anti- virus program says it running a scan on Vivado, I abort the scan and then the program crashes. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
thakurr

@herbert_david396

Windows 10 fall update is not officially tested with any Vivado tool.Hence it is not officially supported.You can get such indeterministic results using such unsupported updates.Check this AR if you are using 2017.3

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69908.html

Regards

Rohit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards
Rohit
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
prathikm

Hi @herbert_david396,

Try the workaround from the above AR69908.

>>["then my anti- virus program says it running a scan on Vivado, I abort the scan and then the program crashes."] Disable the anti-virus and run the tool. If the workaround is not helpful, I am afraid you will have to remove the Falls Update for tool support.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give 'Kudos' to a post which you think is useful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos