UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Switching on incremental compile in Vivado 2015.4

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Adventurer
Accepted Solution

Switching on incremental compile in Vivado 2015.4

Hello,

To decrease the rather long start-up time of Simulation in Vivado I'd like to switch on incremental compile.  I'm using 2015.4 and my settings dialog box does not have an explicit option for this (see attached).  How can I do it?

Many thanks,

settings.png

Accepted Solutions

Re: Switching on incremental compile in Vivado 2015.4

[ Edited ]

Hi @anding

Incremental compile feature for simulation is there from Vivado 2017.3 version. Hence you need to move to latest version (2017.3 onwards) to avail this feature.

incremental_compile.JPG

Refer below link for more information on this:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_3/ug900-vivado-logic-simulation.pdf

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

@anding,

Check this AR: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/57239.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Edited ]

Hi @anding

Incremental compile feature for simulation is there from Vivado 2017.3 version. Hence you need to move to latest version (2017.3 onwards) to avail this feature.

incremental_compile.JPG

Refer below link for more information on this:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_3/ug900-vivado-logic-simulation.pdf

Regards
Rohit

Adventurer

Thank you, thakurr.  Moving to a new Vivado is a big step and there is the possibility of encountering the recent problems that have been reported in these forums.  in your opinion, should Incremental compile make a significant difference to the simulator start up time?

By the way that manual has more than 200 pages!  I know the Xilinx documentation is thorough and I'm not lazy, but as my question was a simple one it seemed to make sense to come to the forums instead...

Hi @anding

This option preserves the simulation files during successive run, definitely reducing the run time to significant no.'s. The feature has been added in Vivado after huge demand from the customers. 

Regards
Rohit