Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

SystemVerilog in Vivado

Jump to solution

Are there plans to support any of the non-synthesisable features of SystemVerilog in the upcoming Vivado releases?

Will Vivado Simulator only ever support the synthesisable constructs of SV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Vivado simulator currently support all synthesizable construct. Regarding non-synthesizable contruct, can you please let us know what kind of contruct you are looking for? For support plan in vivado simulator related with non-synthesizable construct, I will request you to drop a mail to mosess@xilinx.com. He is marketing manager for vivado simulator.

--dhiRAj

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Vivado simulator currently support all synthesizable construct. Regarding non-synthesizable contruct, can you please let us know what kind of contruct you are looking for? For support plan in vivado simulator related with non-synthesizable construct, I will request you to drop a mail to mosess@xilinx.com. He is marketing manager for vivado simulator.

--dhiRAj

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

I was after covergroups in particular. I get the error:

[XSIM 43-3980] Line 9 : The "System Verilog Covergroup" is not supported yet for simulation.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hi,
Currently, the constructs that are supported in Vivado are given inpage 176 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_2/ug900-vivado-logic-simulation.pdf
How ever coverage support is under road map.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @tomkulaga 

Hope you got the information you are looking for.

Please close the thread by marking the solution.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos