cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pallavi52
Participant
Participant

TERATERM - NO DISPLAY

Using Artix 7 FPGA on a development board ,along with MicroBlaze, DDR2 RAM , and UART are designed in a block diagram and Run block automation is done, Later the complete process is done, the final issue is it is not getting displayed on teraterm.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

@pallavi52  What debugging have you done? At the moment it looks like you've put a fairly complex design on the board, found that you don't get anything at the output, and given up.

Put an ILA in there and check whether MicroBlaze is getting a clock, whether MicroBlaze is producing sensible AXI signals to the UART, whether the UART is sending data, etc. Put an oscilloscope on there and check whether data is coming out of the UART, and how fast. If all that is right, then go looking at the PC end (ie Tera Term on the right port, right baud rate, right parity, right flow control, etc).

0 Kudos
pallavi52
Participant
Participant

yes, the design is complex . where should i put ILA , whether in block diagram??
I had checked the teraterm port,baud rate,parity,flow control and all are perfect.
Please solve me the issue regarding the ILA
0 Kudos
pallavi52
Participant
Participant

also i had given system ILA during the block diagram generation.
Please help me with the issue. I am not able to get the output displayed on teraterm.
0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

@pallavi52  What debugging have you done?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
pallavi52
Participant
Participant

generated bitstream using vivado and exported hardware to sdk
later it should be programmed in sdk and final output of a small c program to be seen on teraterm
0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Sounds like you are bveing asked in this assignemtn to learn how to de bug a problem.

What debug techniques do you knwo ?

first I woudl say is can you select a simpler design that is pre compiled fo rthat board and is know to work.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
pallavi52
Participant
Participant

already i had started the design and while generating and to see the output , i am facing the difficulty.
0 Kudos