Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alain_k
Observer
Observer

Test pattern generator simulation

Hi

I tried using the test pattern generator (with a VDMA) without success, so I tried simulating it. Somehow, the TPG doesn't seem to do much and I'm not sure if it's a problem with the simultation or with the setup. But if I'm driving the inputs right, the output should work anyway, no matter what's connected to it. aclk runs on 16MHz, the rest of the setup and the simulation is in the pictures below. I ran the simulation for ~110ms, but nothing happened.

TPG setup

Simulation

Thanks

Alain

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello Alain,

It is working right, the downstream module (or your TB) is just throttling it :).

Set tready to 1.

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
alain_k
Observer
Observer

Yes, you're right, I missed that. If I force it to a constant 1, it seems to work just fine. Nonetheless, I routed tuser, tlast and tready to an I/O. tlast and tready look ok, but tuser goes never high. That's probably the reason the VDMA gives me a SOFLate error. In the simulation, tuser works.

0 Kudos
bwiec
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Great!

Tuser only goes high for 1 clock cycle per frame, so it won't light an LED for very long. Have you tried inserting an ILA and triggering in tuser? Or latching tuser to the LED?

www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
alain_k
Observer
Observer

I measured it with an oscilloscope, that shouldn't be the problem. I can also measure tlast just fine and I think that's also active for just one cycle.

0 Kudos