UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

The architecture may be invalidated by recompile of dependent package

Hello,

I'm trying to do a post implementation simulation.  After I added a component to the simulation test bench that I'm also using in the entity under test (yes, VHDL, not Verilog), the simulation elaboration is failing with the error, "ERROR: [XSIM 43-3274] No architecture found for entity ... . The architecture may be invalidated by recompile of dependent package".  The entity for which no architecture was found is the entity/architecture under test.  I'm guessing that the test bench elaboration somehow invalidated the synthesis/implementation build because of the shared component.  So, can/will anyone shed some light on this and how this can be remedied?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: The architecture may be invalidated by recompile of dependent package

I'm facing the same issue.

Can't do post synthesis simulation because of a shared component that vivado recompiles, then invalidating the higher up module. What can be done?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: The architecture may be invalidated by recompile of dependent package

If you're doing post-impl simulation from GUI, the tool will generate a post-impl simulation verilog netlist for the top level that is under test bench. The compiled files would be test bench, the .v netlist as well as glbl.v.

It sounds you add an additional submodule component to the test bench. As no file associated with the component would be compiled, you'll not be able to pass simulation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adventurer
Adventurer

回复: The architecture may be invalidated by recompile of dependent package

Ok. That's probably it. There's a bunch of additional instances used inthe tb, which are alos used deep inside the synthesized module. Let me take look and see if I can change that.

0 Kudos