cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing Simulation

How can I set 'sdftyp' as the sdf delay argument using GUI during timing simulation in Vivado 2019.2?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Hi @Ahalya ,

You can use the below property to set the sdf delay type or you can set it from simulation settings as shown below:

set_property -name {xsim.elaborate.sdf_delay} -value {sdfmax} -objects [get_filesets sim_1]

test_sdftyp.JPG

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

This will set the sdfdelay to sdfmax. I want it to be sdftyp.

0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

@Ahalya ,

She already told you how to do it, it is just that she made a typo! Just type sdftyp in the box.

Because the .sdf_delay can take only 3 arguments -- -sdfmin|-sdftyp|-sdfmax

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

0 Kudos

I cannot type arguments there. It is fixed to only 2 values. (sdfmin and sdfmax). Does that mean sdftyp is not allowed? Or is there any other method?

0 Kudos
Guide
Guide

It is very possible that you cannot do sdftyp simulations. We know the Xilinx libraries are characterized for max and min, but there is no other place in the tools where there is any indication that a characterization at typ exists. Specifically, we know that static timing analysis can only be done at max and min.

That being said, why do you care? What value is there in doing a simulation at sdftyp?

Avrum

0 Kudos