UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor pixart_pg
Visitor

Unable to generate SDF files in Plan Ahead 14.7

Design Tool : Plan Ahead 14.7

Simulator : NC SIM

We're trying to generate SDF(.sdf) and Verilog Simulation Netlist File (.v).

TCL Command : write_verilog /net/project_path/GL_TIMESIM.v -mode timesim -sdf_anno true

Results:

Tcl Console: 

Warning : [Designutils 20-195] Net din has conflicting value (<N6> vs. <N12>) on different bits for attribute USER_ALIAS

Warning : [Designutils 20-195] Net din has conflicting value (<N108> vs. <N114>) on different bits for attribute USER_ALIAS

Warning : [Designutils 20-195] Net din has conflicting value (<N103> vs. <N107>) on different bits for attribute USER_ALIAS

write_verilog : Time (s) : cpu = 00:00:06 ; elapsed = 00:00:06, Memory (MB) : peak = 1285.062; gain = 0.125

/net/project_path/GL_TIMESIM.v 

Trying to search for sdf file, but can't find in project path. I expect NCSIM support the verilog simulation netlist and sdf as we did it using ISE 10.1i (previous project).

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Unable to generate SDF files in Plan Ahead 14.7

Hello @pixart_pg

Can you check whether the SDF file has generated in the following locations:

1. <project_location>/project.sim/sim_1/

2. present working directory i.e., pwd

As there are only warnings generated, I expect the tool to generate sdf file.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos

Did you see in the log a message as " SDF Annotation successful" ? Are you running the command outside PA or from the GUI itself?
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

check this related ARS
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/53242.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor pixart_pg
Visitor

Yes. It's safely to ignore the warning but why there's no SDF file generated. From the help description, the SDF fil should be generate if you specify the -sdf_annotated true.
0 Kudos
Visitor pixart_pg
Visitor

No. I'm running this command in PA GUI's tcl console.

0 Kudos
Visitor pixart_pg
Visitor

Anyone can help for this issue?

0 Kudos
Visitor pixart_pg
Visitor

Can anyone confirm that the SDF file generation is working in Plan Ahead 14.7?

0 Kudos
Visitor pixart_pg
Visitor

Anyone can help on this issue?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @pixart_pg

I followed below steps in planAhead to generate the sdf file:

1. Open project and ran implementation
  2. Open the implemented design
  3. Ran the tcl command: write_verilog /path/to/file/timesim.v -mode timing -sdf_anno true -sdf_file bft_tb_time_impl.sdf
  4. Ran timing simulation and I observed bft_tb_time_impl.sdf file in project_name.sim/sim_1/impl/timing folder.

Thanks,

Vinay

Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos