Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

Using -L secureip but can't find 'B_GTPA1_DUAL

Jump to solution

Hi,

As you can see I'm referencing -L secureip in my vsim command but I'm getting this error as if I'm not??

Ideas?

--Ross

** Error: (vsim-3033) Instantiation of 'B_GTPA1_DUAL' failed. The design unit was not found.
# Time: 0 fs Iteration: 0 Instance: /test/SATA_DRIVE_0/<protected>/<protected>/<protected>/SINGLE_GTP_CHANNEL_1_INST/s6_gtp_i/tile0_s6_gtp_i/gtpa1_dual_i File: C:/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE/verilog/src/unisims/GTPA1_DUAL.v Line: 3810
# Searched libraries:
# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/unisims_ver
# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/secureip

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

I finally saw the button at the top left of ISE  that selects view implementation or simulation, I also had the make changes to the simulation properties to regenerate all the models.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

Tried adding the following libaries w/o luck

# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/unisims_ver
# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/simprims_ver
# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/secureip
# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/unisim
# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/unimacro
# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/unifast
# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/unimacro_ver
# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/unifast_ver
# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/xpm
# C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib/xilinx_vip

--

0 Kudos
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

Maybe I need to run compxlib, does anyone know which library "B_GTPA1_DUAL" is in?

--

0 Kudos
graces

The unisim source is located in ISE 14.7 directory, but your pre-compiled libraries seem to be Vivado based. Note Spartan6 is not supported in Vivado.

Please double check and ensure the correct pre-compiled libraries are referenced.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

Thanks @graces,

It makes sense that my problem is due to mixing Vivado with ISE as I had used Vivado on several FPGA's before installing ISE to work on an older design. 

So I'll start by renaming C:/Xilinx/xil_defaultlib directory to get it out of the way, then see if I can rebuild ISE xil_defaultlib at C:/Xilinx/14.7/xil_defaultlib

I bet I’ve corrupted my Vivado environment with ISE IP, this is painful and such a waste of time.

--Ross

0 Kudos
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

After reinstalling ISE 14.7 I did not get a modelsim.ini file nor do I get a mti_de dir in C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\verilog\mti_de and I still got the error about the missing B_GTPA1_DUAL module. If I try to run xcomplib I get ERROR:Compxlib - COMPXLIB[sim]: Unable to automatically find executables for simulator 'mti_de' from the following paths:" and that's because modelsim is opened from modelsim.exe not mti_de.exe

So then I unistalled ISE 14.7 again and made the mistake of installing WebPACK ISE with VM (the free version) thinking it would give me the prebuilt libraries instead of the version we use at my company Xilinx_ISE_DS_Win_14.7_1015_1 well that was a bad mistake because now I'm having problems uninstalling this ISE 14.7  Getting error "Could not locate C:\Xilinx\.xinstall\ISE_VM_14.7\bin\setup-boot-loader.bat"

I found this file but it was in a different location if I copy it over to the dir above then the windows uninstall process just quits and leaves the tool still installed. I'll reach out to one my companies IT to see if they can force the uninstall unless you guys have a better idea?

--Ross

0 Kudos
graces

Did you install 14.7 VM for S6 on Windows10? Please take a look at the following doc:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_7/ug1227-spartan6-vm-windows10.pdf

pg10, ISE Spartan-6 VM does not provide support for any integrated third-party tools.

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
0 Kudos
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

I was able to install ISE version 14.7 from  Xilinx_ISE_DS_Win_14.7_1015_1 

but I do not see mti_de dir in C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\verilog\mti_de nor the modelsim.ini file. 

Question: What do I need to do to generate the IP for spartan 6 FPGA?

0 Kudos
DiamondBound
Observer
Observer

I finally saw the button at the top left of ISE  that selects view implementation or simulation, I also had the make changes to the simulation properties to regenerate all the models.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos