cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vivado 2014.1 Modelsim simulation for Microblaze

I have been struggling to make the Microblaze simulation work for one week now. I basically just make a very simple Microblaze block with UART & one GPO. I expect to see the GPO and UART tx toggling but the microblaze doesn't seem to run. I am sure the simulation is working becuase I add a counter  and I can see the output counting.

I then take a look at the "top_time_impl.v" file and it is supposed to load the "design_1_lmb_bram_0.mem" file. Following is the text I found:

(* CORE_GENERATION_INFO = "design_1_lmb_bram_0,blk_mem_gen_v8_2,{x_ipProduct=Vivado 2014.1,x_ipVendor=xilinx.com,x_ipLibrary=ip,x_ipName=blk_mem_gen,x_ipVersion=8.2,x_ipCoreRevision=0,x_ipLanguage=VERILOG,C_FAMILY=artix7,C_XDEVICEFAMILY=artix7,C_ELABORATION_DIR=./,C_INTERFACE_TYPE=0,C_AXI_TYPE=1,C_AXI_SLAVE_TYPE=0,C_USE_BRAM_BLOCK=1,C_ENABLE_32BIT_ADDRESS=1,C_CTRL_ECC_ALGO=NONE,C_HAS_AXI_ID=0,C_AXI_ID_WIDTH=4,C_MEM_TYPE=2,C_BYTE_SIZE=8,C_ALGORITHM=1,C_PRIM_TYPE=1,C_LOAD_INIT_FILE=0,C_INIT_FILE_NAME=no_coe_file_loaded,C_INIT_FILE=design_1_lmb_bram_0.mem,C_USE_DEFAULT_DATA=0,C_DEFAULT_DATA=0,C_HAS_RSTA=1,C_RST_PRIORITY_A=CE,C_RSTRAM_A=0,C_INITA_VAL=0,C_HAS_ENA=1,C_HAS_REGCEA=0,C_USE_BYTE_WEA=1,C_WEA_WIDTH=4,C_WRITE_MODE_A=WRITE_FIRST,C_WRITE_WIDTH_A=32,C_READ_WIDTH_A=32,C_WRITE_DEPTH_A=8192,C_READ_DEPTH_A=8192,C_ADDRA_WIDTH=32,C_HAS_RSTB=1,C_RST_PRIORITY_B=CE,C_RSTRAM_B=0,C_INITB_VAL=0,C_HAS_ENB=1,C_HAS_REGCEB=0,C_USE_BYTE_WEB=1,C_WEB_WIDTH=4,C_WRITE_MODE_B=WRITE_FIRST,C_WRITE_WIDTH_B=32,C_READ_WIDTH_B=32,C_WRITE_DEPTH_B=8192,C_READ_DEPTH_B=8192,C_ADDRB_WIDTH=32,C_HAS_MEM_OUTPUT_REGS_A=0,C_HAS_MEM_OUTPUT_REGS_B=0,C_HAS_MUX_OUTPUT_REGS_A=0,C_HAS_MUX_OUTPUT_REGS_B=0,C_MUX_PIPELINE_STAGES=0,C_HAS_SOFTECC_INPUT_REGS_A=0,C_HAS_SOFTECC_OUTPUT_REGS_B=0,C_USE_SOFTECC=0,C_USE_ECC=0,C_EN_ECC_PIPE=0,C_HAS_INJECTERR=0,C_SIM_COLLISION_CHECK=ALL,C_COMMON_CLK=0,C_DISABLE_WARN_BHV_COLL=0,C_EN_SLEEP_PIN=0,C_DISABLE_WARN_BHV_RANGE=0,C_COUNT_36K_BRAM=8,C_COUNT_18K_BRAM=0,C_EST_POWER_SUMMARY=Estimated Power for IP _ 20.388 mW}" *)
module design_1_lmb_bram_0

I am not sure what is the syntac (* .... *). Is it a comment or it really loads the *.mem file here? I try to delete the *.mem file and the simulation still runs. Strange?

I upload the "top_time_impl.v"  & "design_1_lmb_bram_0.mem" files. Could someone please help me with this issue?  

Thanks

Tony

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Vivado 2014.1 Modelsim simulation for Microblaze

The comment specifies the coregen options. The .mem is used while running simulation.
There is a mcs_sim.pdf file suggested in one of the http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/MicroBlaze-MCS-simulation-with-ISim/td-p/395099 which you can cross check to see if the simulation is setup properly. It is for ISIM but would equally hold good for Modelsim.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos