08-19-2014 04:58 AM
I use Vivado 2014.1 under Windows 7 64bits.
Since a Windows update this morning, I cannot simulate anymore. Everything ran just fine yesterday.
When I click the Run Behavioral Simulation, the "Simulation Running" windows pops up then instantly closes. Nothing else happens: no error or warning.
Here are some observations:
- Synthesis and Implementation run fine
- The simulation directory and files within the project's directory are well created but NO log is created
- This happens with every projects
- Launching the simulation by a TCL command does the same
- Rebooting the system does not make anything
- Re-installing Vivado does not make anything
- I have not tried yet with another version (but for project purpose, I have to use 2014.1)
It seems the Windows update has broken something.
Does anyone get the same problem ? Any idea about the cause/solution ?
Thanks by advance for the support.
08-19-2014 05:32 AM
08-19-2014 06:01 AM - edited 08-19-2014 06:10 AM
You can search it in currenbt working directory.
You can type pwd comamnd in the TCL console to get the current working directory.
I will check the attached report and will update you.
08-20-2014 10:08 AM
08-20-2014 10:09 AM
08-21-2014 01:03 AM
I have installed Vivado 2014.2 and simulation launches fine.
I have run Dependency Walker on both 2014.1 and 2014.2 xelab.exe. Some DLL cannot be found on 2014.1, but what is strange is they cannot be found on 2014.2 as well.
Please find attached Dependency Walker 2014.1 xelab.exe results screenshot.
08-21-2014 08:48 AM