UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

[Vivado 2014.4] ncelab: *W,REALCV: Real argument converted to integer for (%d) in MMCME2_ADV.v

With Vivado 2014.4 two new warnings are showing up with ncelab:

$display(" Input Error : %s CLKFBOUT_MULT_F has been programmed through DRP to %f which is over the range of %d to %d. Instance %m at time %t.", MODULE_NAME, clkfbout_f_div, M_MIN, M_MAX, $time);
|
ncelab: *W,REALCV (/opt/cad/xilinx/Vivado/2014.4/data/verilog/src/unisims/MMCME2_ADV.v,2550|186): Real argument converted to integer for (%d).
$display(" Input Error : %s CLKFBOUT_MULT_F has been programmed through DRP to %f which is over the range of %d to %d. Instance %m at time %t.", MODULE_NAME, clkfbout_f_div, M_MIN, M_MAX, $time);
|
ncelab: *W,REALCV (/opt/cad/xilinx/Vivado/2014.4/data/verilog/src/unisims/MMCME2_ADV.v,2550|193): Real argument converted to integer for (%d).

Tested with Cadence IES 13.10-s022. Replacing %d with %f resolves the issue. Even though it is only a warning, it hopefully can be fixed with next release.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: [Vivado 2014.4] ncelab: *W,REALCV: Real argument converted to integer for (%d) in MMCME2_ADV.v

Hi,

these warnings are shown because value after decimal is terminited for %d. when you replace it with %f it will show you values after decimal point. so according to me tool is doing the correct job.

thanks,

Shreyas 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in left) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try to search answer for your issue in forums or xilinx user guides before you post a new thread.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided solves your query.
Give Kudos (star provided in right) to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: [Vivado 2014.4] ncelab: *W,REALCV: Real argument converted to integer for (%d) in MMCME2_ADV.v

As I already said, replacing %d with %f does solve this. And sure ncelab does correct job. However, the MMCME2_ADV behavioral model is part of the Vivado release and I don't want to fix this in every future release on my side.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @tud_hartmann ,

Can you please post the testcase? I will check in the latest internal build and update you.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @vijayak,

please find attached small testcase to reproduce the problem. Adjust the settings at the beginning of the run script to match with your environment.

Thanks and best regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
I see the same warning with the latest build. I will get back to you on this.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos