UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Vivado 2015.1 Simulator does not launch

Jump to solution

Hi,

Recently I've installed Vivado tool after downloading from xilinx website. Whenever I want to run the "Run Behavioral Simulation" after creating a testbench, messages is displayed as below but the simulator doesn't launch. I am net to this tool and have already invested 5 days for resolving this problem. Kindly help!

in log window I get the following

INFO: Scripts generated successfully. Please see the 'Tcl Console' window for details.

in tcl window I get the following:

INFO: [USF-XSim-27] Simulation object is 'sim_1'

INFO: [USF-XSim-37] Inspecting design source files for 'test_mux1_vhdl' in fileset 'sim_1'...

INFO: [USF-XSim-97] Finding global include files...

INFO: [USF-XSim-98] Fetching design files from 'sim_1'...

INFO: [USF-XSim-2] XSim::Compile design

INFO: [USF-XSim-60] Script generated:H:/MyProjects/FPGA/Zedboard/ECE726/Lab_1/Lab_1.sim/sim_1/behav/compile.bat

INFO: [USF-XSim-3] XSim::Elaborate design

INFO: [USF-XSim-60] Script generated:H:/MyProjects/FPGA/Zedboard/ECE726/Lab_1/Lab_1.sim/sim_1/behav/elaborate.bat

INFO: [USF-XSim-4] XSim::Simulate design

INFO: [USF-XSim-60] Script generated:H:/MyProjects/FPGA/Zedboard/ECE726/Lab_1/Lab_1.sim/sim_1/behav/simulate.bat

However, I am unable to see the waveform window i.e. simulator

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2015.1 Simulator does not launch

Jump to solution

Hi @rrsingh70,

This selection is completely dependent upon the features and tools which you wish to install additionally with Vivado Design Suite. If you check, there is a description of each of this edition at the bottom of their name in the installer. You can check the features and decide based upon your requirements.

You can also take help of 'Edition Selection' topic from below UG

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
27 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @rrsingh70,

Go to Flow Navigator -> Simulation Settings -> Uncheck "Generate scripts only"

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Ashishhd,

Thanks!

Trided it but getting fata error. Screenshot is attached.

I've tried several options available on user forum then posting this.

viavado-sim_error.jpg
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @rrsingh70,

Have you checked Tcl console as mentioned in error? Can you now share the output at Tcl console?

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

Yeah Ashishhd!

Getting the same message as in the pop-up window attached earlier.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @rrsingh70,

Can you share your design so that we can have a look at the issue and we can suggest some workaround.

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

Sure!

Attached!

I am a newbie. Hope you understand!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @rrsingh70,

The issue is not reproducible at my end. I am able to launch simulator successfully. You can try below options and let us know if they helps -

1. Clear <project_name.sim> directory and try simulating the design again.

2. Build the project from scratch at some other location and then try simulating the design.

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

I'll try ASAP. Did my code run successfully?

Regards

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @rrsingh70,

Yes, I am able to simulate your code and launch the waveform window.

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

Could it be an installation prob. However during installation I'd disabled antivirus etc. as suggested on user forums....

Regards

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @rrsingh70,

Before suspecting an issue with installation, I would recommend to try the options mentioned in my earlier post. Also try simulating an example design provided with Vivado Design Suite.

If all these options are resulting in failure, you can suspect it to be an installation problem and re-install the tool.

Before uninstalling, please make sure that you return all the activation based licenses to Xilinx Product Licensing site so that you won't be in trouble later.

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

I tried in a new location from scratch. Not resolved, almost same kind of problem I am getting. Please see the screen shot. Thanks!

viavado-sim_error-2.jpg
0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

Triedn running an example project too. Same problem persists. That means I am left only with the last option i.e. reinstallation.

Regards

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @rrsingh70,

Make sure that you are using supported operating system as specified in below UG (page #15)

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf

You can also refer below thread as a reference

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/XSIM-43-3915-Error/td-p/533989

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am using Windows 7, 64-bit which is supported by Vivado.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @rrsingh70,

Are you able to simulate the design successfully after checking the thread mentioned in earlier post?

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

No Ashish, I was just trying to send the license to xilinx. When I clicked the License Manager and clicked Return License to xilinx, I got nothing in the list. Whereas when I used view license status option I am getting some license installed I've just received another license for vivado WebPACK which could be seen in the attachement. Is it the right license file? When I am using return option now only the new one is displayed. What to do now?

Regards

license.jpg
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @rrsingh70,

You need not to worry about licenses in the top portion of your snapshot which are certificate based. But you need to return licenses which are present in bottom portion (Activation based). Now you need to select 'Return License to Xilinx', then you will find one license there. Return this license and then continue with your process.

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

Dear Ashish, I've Started Installation. Which option should I select?

- Vivado WebPACK

- Vivado Design Edition

- Vivado System Edition

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @rrsingh70,

This selection is completely dependent upon the features and tools which you wish to install additionally with Vivado Design Suite. If you check, there is a description of each of this edition at the bottom of their name in the installer. You can check the features and decide based upon your requirements.

You can also take help of 'Edition Selection' topic from below UG

Regards,
Ashish

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

Dear Ashish,

Successfully launched the simulator after new installation.

Thanks a lot!

Regards

0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Vivado 2015.1 Simulator not launching again

Jump to solution

Dear Ashish,

I ran many programs when the simulator launched after reinstalling Vivado (discussed earlier).

Since Friday, I am not able to launch the simulator again. It gives me the error pop-up attached that simulator license is not found check License Manager. When I launvh License Manager the license is shown proper.

I've attached two scree-shots.

Kindly Reply

Sim-error.jpg
License.jpg
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2015.1 Simulator not launching again

Jump to solution

Hi,

From the snapshot I see that your Vivado webpack license is expired.

Vivado_HLS license will not include Vivado simulator license feature.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @rrsingh70,

It is always recommended to open separate thread for fresh query. 

Can you open new thread and attach your license file along with output of below command in Vivado Tcl console -

report_environment -file <directory_name>/xinfo.txt

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

Dear Manusha,

Does "Permanent" mean expired? Under the Vivado_WebPACK its listed as "Permanent".

Regards

0 Kudos
Visitor rrsingh70
Visitor

Jump to solution

Sure,

Doing

Thanks Ashish

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

No, permanent means you can use all Vivado versions permanently which were released before version limit(for your license it is 2016.07)

Check this AR for details on version limit.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33770.html

You should be able to use vivado simulator in 2015.1 with this license

Can you run below command in Vivado console and share the output here?

report_environment -file <directory>/xinfo.txt

0 Kudos