UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie superstar

Vivado 2015.2 simulation error

hi, I am running vivado 2015.2. And I have a problem that bothers me for a long time.  When I run the behavioral simulation, it occurs two errors like this.

"[USF-XSim 62] 'elaborate' step failed with error(s). Please check the Tcl console output or 'C:/VIVADO/mux4to1/mux4to1.sim/sim_1/behav/elaborate.log' file for more information."

"[XSIM 43-3410] Failed to compile one of the generated C files.
Please recompile with "-mt off -v 1" switch to identify which design unit failed."

I searched the Internet, but I find no solutions for my problem.  The Project is well simulated on my classmates' computer. Both of our computer system is Windows 10. I have installed it several times, but it didn't work. 

Could anybody tell me how to recompile with "-mt off -v 1" switch or tell me how to solve my problem? Thanks!

1.png1.png

and this is information in the elaborate.log 

Vivado Simulator 2015.2
Copyright 1986-1999, 2001-2015 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Running: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2015.2/bin/unwrapped/win64.o/xelab.exe -wto b8102eca8dc74d3695267bb2a6c52be6 --debug typical --relax --mt 2 -L xil_defaultlib -L unisims_ver -L unimacro_ver -L secureip --snapshot mux4to1_sim_behav xil_defaultlib.mux4to1_sim xil_defaultlib.glbl -log elaborate.log -cc clang
Using 2 slave threads.
Starting static elaboration
Completed static elaboration
Starting simulation data flow analysis
Completed simulation data flow analysis
Time Resolution for simulation is 1ps
Compiling module xil_defaultlib.mux4to1
Compiling module xil_defaultlib.mux4to1_sim
Compiling module xil_defaultlib.glbl
Waiting for 2 sub-compilation(s) to finish...
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3410] Failed to compile one of the generated C files.
Please recompile with "-mt off -v 1" switch to identify which design unit failed.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado 2015.2 simulation error

Hi @superstar,

This can be a memory issue. Can you run it on a higher RAM machine?

Thanks.

Srimayee 

0 Kudos