Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2015.3 Behavioral Simulation: DUT is not instantiated

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

After setting up a project and testing a small bit of VHDL code with a simple testbench, I noticed that all outputs of my DUT were stuck at Undefined and upon closer inspection, it appears that my DUT is not even instantiated.

I tried to resolve the issue as described in AR#64349 [Link] but to no avail. The problem persists.

Both the testbench and the code snippet are within the xil_defaultlib, the testbench is set to only be used in simulation. Vivado takes care of updating compile order and hiarchy.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor
Visitor

Mark this as solved. I found the error and its solution in AR#18333 [Link].

The error code itself is misleading, as the mistake was in instantiating the component. The testbench now displays correct behavior.

Thanks for the quick reply, nupurs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Hi @rudolf1987,

Can you post your testbench files so that we can have a look?

Thanks,
Nupur
Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Mark this as solved. I found the error and its solution in AR#18333 [Link].

The error code itself is misleading, as the mistake was in instantiating the component. The testbench now displays correct behavior.

Thanks for the quick reply, nupurs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Glad to know that the issue is resolved. Please mark a reply as solution in order to close this thread.

Thanks,
Nupur
Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos