UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jeremieces
Visitor

Vivado: Adding an IP to a Simulation Sets without adding it to the whole project

Jump to solution

Hello everyone thanks for reading my post,

I'm currently creating my simulation environments for my project.

I would like to create two different simulation sets:

- One with all the IPs instantiated. (DDR MIG IP, PCIe IP, GTX IPs).

- One where I emulate the big IPs (but i keep the small IPs like Fifos, MMCM...).

I'm doing that in order to spare simulation time.

I would like to remove some IPs from one simulation set and let them in the other simulation set.

----------------------------

I tried to do it in that way:

I created a simulation set (let's call it simu_with_IP).

I unchecked the box "Include all design sources for simulation"

I add all the .vhd/.v files

If I try to add .xci files, I get this error: 

Can't import IP 'pcie_7x_0_v3_0'. Reasons:
IP name 'pcie_7x_0_v3_0' is already in use in this project. Please choose a different name.

----------------------------

Hence the question:

Is there a way to add/remove some IPs in a simulation set without impacting the other simulation sets?

This is on my point of view an important feature.

Currently if someone just wants to simulate a submodule of the project with only one FIFO, he has also to compile all the other IPs of the project.

I know that this is possible for the design sources .vhd, .v... but I don't find a way for the IPs.

Thanks a lot for the answers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Vivado: Adding an IP to a Simulation Sets without adding it to the whole project

Jump to solution
The simsets are primarily used to provide stimulus to the same source by using either different testbenches or providing testbenches for different stages of simulation like RTL or functional or timing. If you just want to simulate a FIFO block from the entire design, you can create a new project and just add the required files to simulate it. This can be scripted also so that you need not create a GUI project and run simulation.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Vivado: Adding an IP to a Simulation Sets without adding it to the whole project

Jump to solution
The simsets are primarily used to provide stimulus to the same source by using either different testbenches or providing testbenches for different stages of simulation like RTL or functional or timing. If you just want to simulate a FIFO block from the entire design, you can create a new project and just add the required files to simulate it. This can be scripted also so that you need not create a GUI project and run simulation.
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Newbie cpeng03d

Jump to solution

You can actually only add the vhd file under the sim subfolder inside the IP folder. 

Remember using "add simulation source", not "add design source". This is essentially the same as editting the simulation set.

0 Kudos