Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aniello
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado ERROR: [XSIM 43-3238] Failed to link the design

Jump to solution

Hi i want simulate a simply design in vivado, but when i try run simulation give me this message:

ERROR: [Runs 36-25] xelab application returned error(s). Please see 'C:/Users/Enrico/Desktop/vivado/project_1nello/project_1nello.sim/sim_1/behav/xelab.log' file for more details.
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: Failed to compile the design!

and in the log there is ERROR: [XSIM 43-3238] Failed to link the design.

i use vista, in the attachment there are the vhdl files

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

Hello,

Have you googled it?

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/Vivado-2103-3-Simulation-Failed-to-link-design/td-p/388205

Simulating other design doesnt mean all design could work on unsupported OS. I tried at my end and it runs seamlessly.

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

unsupported.png
10 Replies
hj
Vista is not a supported OS. Please try on supported OS.

If you are not using latest version then try in 2013.4.

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information please refer to configuration resources https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/FPGA-Configuration/Configuration-Resources/m-p/753763/highlight/true#M5891
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
aniello
Visitor
Visitor

i use vivado 2013.2 and i have just simulate other design with vista

0 Kudos
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

Hello,

Have you googled it?

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/Vivado-2103-3-Simulation-Failed-to-link-design/td-p/388205

Simulating other design doesnt mean all design could work on unsupported OS. I tried at my end and it runs seamlessly.

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

View solution in original post

unsupported.png
aniello
Visitor
Visitor

i have see this thread, but 2013.2 don't have the file settings64.bat, but the file settings32.bat, correct for my OS because it's 32 bit.

I must use vista because this isn't my workstation.

0 Kudos
pratham
Scholar
Scholar
In that Case I Wont be able to help you further
-Pratham

0 Kudos
debrajr
Please use a supported OS. It would be difficult to support your query as our tools are not tested on unsupported OS like Vista or Ubuntu and we cannot guarantee the performance/results.
Regards,
Debraj

0 Kudos
tsjorgensen
Explorer
Explorer

Found this too on supported OS.

Only the message "Failed to link the design" is given when trying to simulate a small design. Most likely there is a perfect logic reason why Vivado can't link the design but the important error here is that the error message is useless.

I used Vivado 2016.2.

xsim.dir/loop_goertzel16_tb_behav/obj/xsim_1.win64.obj:(.text+0x2a727): undefined reference to `_chkstk'
xsim.dir/loop_goertzel16_tb_behav/obj/xsim_1.win64.obj:(.text+0x4e3c7): undefined reference to `_chkstk'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3238] Failed to link the design.

mus19f1a
Visitor
Visitor

I get the same problem in Vivado 2016.2.

Reason of the problem is the saved simulation waveform. If you remove the saved (probably last one) waveform from the project, simulation will again work.

I think that is the bug of vivado 2016.2.

0 Kudos
mus19f1a
Visitor
Visitor

If you have the problem with running behaviour simulation on Vivado 2016.2,

There are a few thinks that works for me;

First of all remove all the waveforms from simulation sources.

1-) After getting the errors below, just run the simulation again, without any changes.

ERROR: [XSIM 43-3238] Failed to link the design.

ERROR: [USF-XSim-62] 'elaborate' step failed with error(s)

it works for me.

2-) Close the project and delete the folders ".xil" , "project_name.cache" and "project_name.sim", then open your project and run the simulation.

Important: Before the deleting folders, don't forget to backup your special files in those folder

0 Kudos
efpkopin
Adventurer
Adventurer

Anothing thing to try is to go to Project Settings => Simulation and, in there, change the 'Simulator Language' to 'Mixed'

I'm running Vivado 2016.1 and, while I have been successful in the past getting around this bug by deleting the .cache, & .sim folders, I was really stuck this time around (b/c I had the Simulator Language' set to VHDL).  Changing to 'Mixed' seems to have worked (for now!)

0 Kudos