UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jkvam
Visitor

Vivado Simulator Fatal Error

Jump to solution

I'm trying to use Vivado to simulate a design and I get this error.

INFO: Running Full version of XSim
FATAL_ERROR: FATAL_ERROR: Vivado Simulator kernel has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover. Process will terminate. For technical support on this issue, please open a WebCase with this project attached at http://www.xilinx.com/support.
Time: 0 ps  Iteration: 0  Process: /top_level_tb/Always100_15705

This project is sensitive so I'd rather not release the entire design through a WebCase, so I'm wondering if there is any other way to figure out what the problem is or narrow down what code is causing the error? I do have one always block in my top_level_tb.v file, is this error referring to that? By the way this design simulates fine with ISE 14.2.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado Simulator Fatal Error

Jump to solution

Sure, trial and error! Start eliminating blocks to try and narrow it down. Have you been able to simulate other designs on that machine without issue? It may not be a code problem at all, but rather an environment issue.

www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Sure, trial and error! Start eliminating blocks to try and narrow it down. Have you been able to simulate other designs on that machine without issue? It may not be a code problem at all, but rather an environment issue.

www.xilinx.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor jkvam
Visitor

Jump to solution

Nevermind, I didn't think this would've been an issue, but I upgraded GCC a while back. After I reverted it back to the version provided by Xilinx I no longer get this error

0 Kudos