cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgigliotti_usac
Explorer
Explorer

Vivado Simulator kernel has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover.

I am trying to simulate the AXI_VIP example as shown in PG2676.  I have made no code changes and just follow the instructions and get the following error.

pgigliotti_usac_1-1604601217981.png

pgigliotti_usac_0-1604601165702.png

WARNING: Simulation object /axi_vip_0_exdes_adv_mst_active__pt_passive__slv_mem/done_event was not traceable in the design for the following reason:
Vivado Simulator does not support tracing of event type object.
# run 1000ns
FATAL_ERROR: Vivado Simulator kernel has discovered an exceptional condition from which it cannot recover. Process will terminate. For technical support on this issue, please open a WebCase with this project attached at http://www.xilinx.com/support.
Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Process: /axi_vip_pkg/axi_vif_mem_proxy(C_AXI_PROTOCOL=0,C_AXI_ADDR_WIDTH=32,C_AXI_WDATA_WIDTH=32,C_AXI_RDATA_WIDTH=32,C_AXI_WID_WIDTH=0,C_AXI_RID_WIDTH=0,C_AXI_AWUSER_WIDTH=0,C_AXI_WUSER_WIDTH=0,C_AXI_BUSER_WIDTH=0,C_AXI_ARUSER_WIDTH=0,C_AXI_RUSER_WIDTH=0,C_AXI_SUPPORTS_NARROW=1,C_AXI_HAS_BURST=1,C_AXI_HAS_LOCK=1,C_AXI_HAS_CACHE=1,C_AXI_HAS_REGION=1,C_AXI_HAS_PROT=1,C_AXI_HAS_QOS=1,C_AXI_HAS_WSTRB=1,C_AXI_HAS_BRESP=1,C_AXI_HAS_RRESP=1,C_AXI_HAS_ARESETN=1)::wait_posedge_aclk_with_hold
File: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2020.1/data/xilinx_vip/hdl/axi_vip_pkg.sv

HDL Line: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2020.1/data/xilinx_vip/hdl/axi_vip_pkg.sv:6673
INFO: [USF-XSim-96] XSim completed. Design snapshot 'axi_vip_0_exdes_adv_mst_active__pt_passive__slv_mem_behav' loaded.
INFO: [USF-XSim-97] XSim simulation ran for 1000ns
launch_simulation: Time (s): cpu = 00:00:07 ; elapsed = 00:00:41 . Memory (MB): peak = 1253.293 ; gain = 0.000
run 500 ns

0 Kudos
1 Reply
florentw

HI @pgigliotti_usac 

I tired with windows 10 and 2020.1 and I cannot reproduce the issue you are seeing.

I would recommend you to place the example folder in a directory with a short path and with no special characters or spaces (at the root of C:/ might be the best).

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos