UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor nimpdev
Visitor

Vivado behavioral simulation failure on all example projects

I have a fresh install of Vivado 2017.4.1 (installed as part of SDx).

It comes with several example projects however I am not able to simulate them, I always get a compilation failure. I tried my own simple verilog project and it fails for the same reason.

[XSIM 43-3409] Failed to compile generated C file xsim.dir/tb_behav/obj/xsim_14.c.

I turned off my anti virus, I rebooted, I created the sample projects in C:\TEMP.

What else could I try ?

My OS is Windows 7. The cmd window displays this: Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Vivado behavioral simulation failure on all example projects

Hi @nimpdev

Can you try running Vivado with  administrative privileges? Follow the below steps:

• Type cmd in Windows start menu.
  • Click on cmd, right click and run as administrator.
  • Once the command prompt is open, cd to Vivado’s installation path where settings64.bat is located

For example cd C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.4

• Now type settings64
  • Next type Vivado or Vivado –mode tcl to run Vivado in GUI or tcl mode respectively.

Make sure you have sufficient memory to run Vivado and you are using supported OS for Vivado 2017.4.1 version.

Please share the Xinfo.txt file which can be generated by running the below command in the tcl console:

report_environment -file xinfo.txt

This will give us information regarding specific OS version you are using and also all the environmental variables which has been set in your system.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor nimpdev
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, it did not work though.

Now I have the absolute minimum:

`timescale 1ns / 1ps

module testbench( );

initial begin
$display("hello world");
end

endmodule

I create a new project with just this file in it, I still get the same kind of error:

[XSIM 43-3409] Failed to compile generated C file xsim.dir/testbench_behav/obj/xsim_1.c.

vivado_in_admin_mode.png
0 Kudos
Visitor nimpdev
Visitor

the requested file

0 Kudos

Hi @nimpdev,

1. Can you please try running the design on another machine and check as this seems to be machine specific issue.

2. Can you try reinstalling the tool on supported OS platform and disable anti-virus software on your machine while installing it 

Also, please check if the below post helps:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/XSIM-43-3915-Error/td-p/533989

Thanks & Regards,

Sravanthi B

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos