UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado example design simulation error

Jump to solution

Hi,

I recently updated from Vivado 2018.2 to Vivado 2018.2.2 in Windows 10. The example base design used is a Base Zynq design (with a AXI GPIO and AXI BRAM). Before the version update, this example design worked using XSim. After the update, a new project was created and the example design fails simulation with the following error : 

INFO: [VRFC 10-163] Analyzing VHDL file "PROJECT_PATH/project_6/project_6.ip_user_files/bd/base_zynq/ip/base_zynq_axi_gpio_0_0/sim/base_zynq_axi_gpio_0_0.vhd" into library xil_defaultlib
ERROR: [VRFC 10-149] 'axi_gpio' is not compiled in library axi_gpio_v2_0_19 [PROJECT_PATH/project_6/project_6.ip_user_files/bd/base_zynq/ip/base_zynq_axi_gpio_0_0/sim/base_zynq_axi_gpio_0_0.vhd:57]
INFO: [VRFC 10-307] analyzing entity base_zynq_axi_gpio_0_0
ERROR: [VRFC 10-1504] unit base_zynq_axi_gpio_0_0 ignored due to previous errors [PROJECT_PATH/project_6/project_6.ip_user_files/bd/base_zynq/ip/base_zynq_axi_gpio_0_0/sim/base_zynq_axi_gpio_0_0.vhd:59]
INFO: [VRFC 10-240] VHDL file PROJECT_PATH/project_6/project_6.ip_user_files/bd/base_zynq/ip/base_zynq_axi_gpio_0_0/sim/base_zynq_axi_gpio_0_0.vhd ignored due to errors

where PROJECT_PATH is path of my project locally. Synthesis of the project seem to complete fine. It looks like AXI_GPIO simulation libraries need to be re-compiled. I believe this has to be done automatically for Xsim and manually for 3rd party simulation tools after a version update. Could anyone explain why and suggest solutions for the problem ? 

Paul 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

回复: Vivado example design simulation error

Jump to solution

I don't think the problem will be solved until a new Vivado version is released or at least a patch. However, I managed to work around the problem. I cannot remember all the details but here is what I did :

In Settings of Vivado GUI, you can find IP project setting. Disable the option " Use Precompiled IP simulation libraries ". I think this change is sufficient but if it doesn't work, go to Simulation in IP project setting. Go to Advanced and disable incremental compilation.

Hope that works for you.

6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Did you upgrade the IPs and re-generate the output product?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for getting back on this question.

I didn't regenerate the IP because there was no report for outdated IP's in the project. I believe this was due to a minor update from version 2018.2 to 2018.2.2. Also, note that synthesis worked fine without errors. Is there a way to force an update for simulation libraries? 

I also created a new project with example template from Xilinx (Base Zynq design with AXI GPIO and AXI BRAM) and still encountered the same problem. 

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I can reproduce the failure with the Base Zynq example design. I agree something is broken in the pre-compiled Xsim libs.

I'll file a CR so that dev team can investigate and fix it.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor blamberg_
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello,

is the problem solved now? I need the axi_gpio in 2018.2.2 and have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I don't think the problem will be solved until a new Vivado version is released or at least a patch. However, I managed to work around the problem. I cannot remember all the details but here is what I did :

In Settings of Vivado GUI, you can find IP project setting. Disable the option " Use Precompiled IP simulation libraries ". I think this change is sufficient but if it doesn't work, go to Simulation in IP project setting. Go to Advanced and disable incremental compilation.

Hope that works for you.

Highlighted
Visitor blamberg_
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you. I disabled both options and vivado works fine.

0 Kudos