UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

What Folder to Put XADC SIM_MONITOR_FILE for Simulation?

Jump to solution

What Folder to Put XADC SIM_MONITOR_FILE for Simulation?   I instantiate the XADC entity in my simulation testbench.

SIM_MONITOR_FILE => "./adc_sim_values.txt",  -- I also tried without the ./

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO USE AN ABSOLUTE PATH.  My project has to work whatever location it is in.

I need the correct relative path to the root of my Vivado project.   I have put the file in almost every folder of my project, still it does not work.  

By the way, the tool does not say it can't find the file in the TCL console, Messages, or Simulation log file.   It just silently does not work.   Thanks for nothing, Xilinx.

Again, what folder do I put my adc_sim_values.txt file?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: What Folder to Put XADC SIM_MONITOR_FILE for Simulation?

Jump to solution

Hi @erice,

Did you try adding "adc_sim_values.txt " to simulation sources? In sources tab , right click on sim_1 under simulation sources , and add this file. Please let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Srimayee

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @erice,

Did you try adding "adc_sim_values.txt " to simulation sources? In sources tab , right click on sim_1 under simulation sources , and add this file. Please let me know if this works.

Thanks,

Srimayee

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Under sources does not work because .txt is not and extension that is allowed.   However, I put it under constraints.     I'm OK now.

0 Kudos