UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

When will Vivado Simulator support Ultrascale+ HBM simulation?

I ran a design example simulation for created HBM IP, in the latest Vivado v2019.1.1 using Vivado Simulator, and failed (xci file is attached). The simulation compelling processing was stopped by the following error messages:

[VRFC 10-2063] Module <axi_protocol_checker_v1_1_top> not found while processing module instance <genblk1.PC> ["c:/FPGA_Designs/.../Vivado/IP/hbm_if_ex/imports/axi_top.sv":394]

Then I was told that the current Vivado Simulator does not support HBM simulation (see PG276, there is not any details about the reasons). It looks very bad for the users who do not have the third party simulator tools.

The above error message shows a missing module definition file, for my understanding, it should not related to what simulator is used? 

When will Vivado Simulator support HBM simulation? I think it is a must fix issue. (The created HBM IP passed synthesis and routing tests.)

Thanks.

XIao

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: When will Vivado Simulator support Ultrascale+ HBM simulation?

Hi wangxiao@skhms 

Behavioral simulations using verilog simulation models are supported at this time, but Netlist (post-synthesis and postimplementation) simulations are not supported at this time.

Full simulation support is on the roadmap but there is currently no timeframe that I am aware of.

The following Answer Record will contain the most up to date information as it is released

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69267.html

Best Regards
AIdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer digitate
Observer

@amaccreis that really true ? i was under the impression that the Vivado simulator does not support even behvioral simulation

0 Kudos

Hi @digitate ,

This is what is specified in PG276, so I was taking this as correct.

See notes 3 & 4 below.

Best Regards
Aidan

Capture.PNG

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if this answered your question
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and may help other users
0 Kudos