UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Why do I have so many empty libraries after I complied libraries using Xilinx Simulation Library Compilation Wizard?

I use  Xilinx Simulation Library Compilation Wizard to compile the libraries, I decide "Both VHDL and Verilog" and "All FPGA Devices Families". After compilation and I map the compiled libraries into Modelsim, I found a lot of libraris are empty, why does it look like that?

Thanks.

1.png
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Why do I have so many empty libraries after I complied libraries using Xilinx Simulation Library Compilation Wizard?

This looks like EDK library components. Did you include EDK lib in compilation?

Can you post the compxlib.log?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Why do I have so many empty libraries after I complied libraries using Xilinx Simulation Library Compilation Wizard?

hi,

apart from the graces comment can you please check whether in the installation path there are may be cosecutive / \ front as well as back slace s are present or not.

regards,

saurav

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Moderator, Yes, I did include the EDK lib in compilation. So you think this is because many EDK libraries compiled failed?

I attached the complix.log in this post.

Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks sauravas, but what do you mean "the installation path"? The installation path for Xilinx libraries?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The compilation does have errors for each library. You can refer to the summary at the end of compxlib.log.

**********************************************************************************************
*                                   COMPILATION SUMMARY                                      *
*                                                                                            *
*  Simulator used: mti_se                                                                    *
*  Compiled on: Mon Dec 17 16:47:28 2012                                                     *
*                                                                                            *
**********************************************************************************************
*               Library                |  Lang   |  Mapped Name(s)   | Err#(s)  |  Warn#(s)  *
*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*  secureip                            | verilog | secureip          | 1        | 0          *
*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*  unisim                              | vhdl    | unisim            | 3        | 0          *
*  unisim                              | verilog | unisims_ver       | 2        | 0          *
*  simprim                             | vhdl    | simprim           | 2        | 0          *
*  simprim                             | verilog | simprims_ver      | 1        | 0          *
*  xilinxcorelib                       | vhdl    | xilinxcorelib     | 1        | 0          *
*  xilinxcorelib                       | verilog | xilinxcorelib_ver | 1        | 4          *
*  edk                                 |         | edk               | 278      | 58         *

You can search "Error" in the log to see the detailed message. Here're the errors.

** Error: (vlog-16) The 'others' clause in "C:\modeltech64_10.0c\win64/../modelsim.ini" is self-referencing.

** Error: (vcom-16) The 'others' clause in "C:\modeltech64_10.0c\win64/../modelsim.ini" is self-referencing.
** Error: Library std not found.

It looks you've modified the modelsim.ini in Modelsim installation directory. Please remove the OTHERs line in library mapping section and ensure the default library mappings are there.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi graces, so that means all libraries have not been compiled sucessfully, I need recompile all of them, right?

Before I recompile all of them, I need to ensure that the default modelsim.ini file is original without any modification, right?

Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Yes, I recommend that you recompile all the libraries.

Did you set MODELSIM environment variable? The modelsim.ini will modify the file pointed by this variable. That's probably why the OTHERS line overwrite the default ones. I suggest that you remove the variable during compilation.

Once it's finished, you'll find a new modelsim.ini generated in the directory where you launched compxlib.

For compxlib GUI, the file is generated at C:\Xilinx\<version>\ISE_DS\ISE.

You can then copy the Xilinx library mappings to the original default modelsim.ini.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

No, I did not set MODELSIM environment variable. I don't know how to set it. I think "the OTHERS line overwrite the default ones" is caused by my own mistake.

After I compiled all libraries, I directly copied the new generated "modelsim.ini" file to Modelsim directory, which replaced the default one.
0 Kudos