UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor englishtea
Visitor

Why does ISE 10.1.3 run the Lite version of ISim when we have paid in full for ISE 11?

Hi all, we have a fully paid for ISE 11 suite but as ISE 11 doesn't support VIRTEX2 we are forced to use ISE 10. However, ISE 10 insists that the simulator should be the Lite version. Is this correct? Am I doing something wrong? Is there something I can do to get the full simulator to run?

Regards englishtea

Message Edited by englishtea on 12-15-2009 04:00 AM
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Why does ISE 10.1.3 run the Lite version of ISim when we have paid in full for ISE 11?

Hi,

In 10.1, we had locked the full version of ISE Simulation using a RegID. If you have paid for the full version - Foundation Simulator, then you should have recieved a RegID that enables the full simulator as well. Sounds like thsi is not the case and so you shoudl probably check with your sales person to see which version you had purchased for 10.1

Thanks
Duth

0 Kudos
Visitor englishtea
Visitor

Re: Why does ISE 10.1.3 run the Lite version of ISim when we have paid in full for ISE 11?

Hi duth,

I'm a bit confused. We buy a full license for ISE 11 but because it doesn't support Virtex2 we are forced to use ISE10 for legacy products and now you are saying we need a new RegID to run ISE 10 simulator at full speed. Is this going to cost us anything? Should we have asked for a new Reg ID for ISE 10 when we purchased ISE 11?

englishtea

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

10.1 used RegID system and 11.1 uses a license mechanism. It is hard to say what exactly you are entitled to. I would recommend discussing this with your sales person to understand what you had recieved.

They should be able to provide you with a good solution to enable you access for your V2 design. Also please note that the only difference between the Lite version and the full is that the Lite version starts to do a performance deration once you hit 50,000 lines of executable code.

Thanks

Duth

0 Kudos
Visitor xiaoleic
Visitor

@duthv wrote:

Hi,

10.1 used RegID system and 11.1 uses a license mechanism. It is hard to say what exactly you are entitled to. I would recommend discussing this with your sales person to understand what you had recieved.

They should be able to provide you with a good solution to enable you access for your V2 design. Also please note that the only difference between the Lite version and the full is that the Lite version starts to do a performance deration once you hit 50,000 lines of executable code.

Thanks

Duth

I also found that I have a Lite version isim with my ISE 10.1. The problem with me  is that I cannot start the GUI. When I run the executable generated from fuse, no GUI appears. Anybody knows what is wrong?

So I want to know whether isim lite supports GUI or not?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Yes when running in lite mode you will be able to launch the GUI..

What issues are you seeing?

Thanks

Duth

0 Kudos