Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

XILINX parts in PSpice or Simulink

Hi

I am trying to test the functionality of XC7Z020 part, is there a way i can import the part in psice or simulink and test it with my own virtual circuit in these softwares or any other software if somebody knows.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: XILINX parts in PSpice or Simulink

You have two options: either model the xcz7020 logic (is it C or RTL?) in the target environment or model the spice/simulink code in verilog so that you can run them together. What kind of simulation are you trying to run ?
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

thanks, but do you know how can i get XDC file for zynq 7000 boards, i know there is one available for ZYBO board which can be downloaded and used in VIVADO.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @asa0007,

XDC is basically constraints file used in Vivado.

You have to write constraints according to your requirement.

Are you using example design?

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Arpan

I just need a general XDC file for the ZYNQ board, will i have to use an existing example design for that? Currently I am not using an example design. I have written a VHDL code for the square wave, ijust need to use that sqaure wave as an input to the ZYNQ board but i guess i need XDC file in order to specify the port where I need to input the square wave right?

So this is the issue as of now sir.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @asa0007,

Can you please share the code here?

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Sir

here is the code...thx for the xcd file creation steps...problem is i dont have an actual board..i am doing this virtually using vivado...so i dont know which pins on the boards are input and which are output...So in the XCD file i simply dont know which pin to assign the square wave to

SquareWave.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @asa0007,

Just want to know if you are using this code for only simulation or synthesis?

If you want to go for hardware implementation wait for 50ns won't work.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi sir

this code is just for implementation and synthesis, not for actual hardware purpose.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @asa0007,

If you are not using hardware after implementation you want to analyse the waveform in simultor right?

wait 50 ns can't be synthesized. To generate a square wave you have to create a counter whose value will depend on clock frequency of FPGA as well as required frequency for square wave.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Yes Sir

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ok Sir, but how do i go about doing that, can you help

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @asa0007,

Yes sure. I will guide you.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you Sir, what input do you need from my side, if any?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @asa0007,

Which version of Vivado you are using?

Write a counter code. Google a code for square wave generation with any frequency and try to understand it.

Write a testbench and simulate it. Let me know if you face any difficulty.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Sir I am using the 2015.3 version

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @asa0007,

Please go through the following document.
http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2015_3/ug937-vivado-design-suite-simulation-tutorial.pdf

I feel it will be very helpful to you.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

You can use system generator and do HW Cosimulation.

Check the videos and docs on the right side of the below link

http://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/vivado/integration/sysgen.html

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @asa0007,

Have you tried writing an HDL code to generate square wave.

I hope the links mentioned in my previous post was helpful.

You can create a square wave of any frequency(lower than clock) using a counter.

For reference you can make use of following files:

• square_wave.vhd(design sourece)
  • sq_tb.vhd(simulation source)

Directly add the above two files in design sources and simulation sources respectively and verify behavioral simulation output.

Here I have taken 5 bit counter. so here square wave is of time period 2^5*clock_period.(snapshot attached)

You can change the no. of bits of counter(ctr in the design) and comparision value to change the frequency of square wave.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan

1.JPG
0 Kudos