cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

XSIM 43-3915 Error

Jump to solution

hi

I want to simulate a verilog file and a test bench by vivado, but get below error. the Log tab is copied below:

Vivado Simulator 2013.3
Copyright 1986-1999, 2001-2013 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Running: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2013.3/bin/unwrapped/win64.o/xelab.exe --debug typical --relax --mt off -L work -L unisims_ver -L unimacro_ver -L secureip --snapshot test_bench_behav --prj C:/Users/Lenovo/Desktop/RR/project_1/project_1.sim/sim_1/behav/test_bench.prj work.test_bench work.glbl
Turned off multi-threading.
Determining compilation order of HDL files.
WARNING: [XSIM 43-3431] One or more environment variables have been detected which affect the operation of the C compiler. These are typically not set in standard installations and are not tested by Xilinx, however they may be appropriate for your system, so the flow will attempt to continue.  If errors occur, try running fuse with the "-mt off -v 1" switches to see more information from the C compiler. The following environment variables have been detected:
INFO: [VRFC 10-165] Analyzing Verilog file "C:/Users/Lenovo/Desktop/RR/project_1/project_1.srcs/sources_1/imports/imports/multiplier.v" into library work
INFO: [VRFC 10-165] Analyzing Verilog file "C:/Users/Lenovo/Desktop/RR/project_1/project_1.srcs/sources_1/imports/imports/test_bench.v" into library work
INFO: [VRFC 10-165] Analyzing Verilog file "C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2013.3/data/verilog/src/glbl.v" into library work
Starting static elaboration
Completed static elaboration
Starting simulation data flow analysis
Completed simulation data flow analysis
Time Resolution for simulation is 1ps
Compiling module work.multiplier
Compiling module work.test_bench
Compiling module work.glbl
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3409] Failed to compile generated C file xsim.dir/test_bench_behav/obj/xsim_0.c.
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3915] Encountered a fatal error. Cannot continue. Exiting...

I use vivado 2013.03, also use ISE14.02 but unfortunately get similar error.

what can I do to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: XSIM 43-3915 Error

Jump to solution

thanks about your comment, at alst i restore my windows to two weeks ago and now all thing is good. now I can use simulation without any error .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

In Vivado 2013.3, Can you try running simulation with -mt off and -v 1 option? This can lead in finding the cause of the problem. For your reference I am attaching snapshot

Capture.PNG

In case you still face the issue, attach the design files so that I can locally reproduce the issue. 

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I used this switch.

in the last line printed:

ERROR: [XSIM 43-3409] Failed to compile generated C file xsim.dir/test_bench_behav/obj/xsim_0.c.

also I attached the verilog code and it's test bench. I create new project, but the problem remined. I create project in ISE but the problem remind.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @mohamad.labbaf ,

I have tried to run your design in Vivado 2013.3 and I am able to successfully launch the simulator. For your reference I am attaching xelab.log file and the snapshot of launched simulator as well.

Capture.PNG

So few questions in this regards,

1. Are you using supported Operating System? Here is the list http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_3/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf (page 15)

2. Can you try reinstalling the tool on supported OS platform and Disable anti-virus software on your machine while installing it ?

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

thanks

I use windows 7, 64bit that is supported by vivado.

I also got this result but after I install fortran compiler on my OS  above error apeared !

is this relevant to my problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hello,

The only reason which cause me to suspect this can be issue, is the extra xsim_0.c file which is not there in my case as you can see xelab.log file. You can try uninstalling it and see if the error persists. Ideally it should not, if it is the cause.
Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I Reinstall vivado but nothing changed. Really I don't have any antivirus at all.

What can I do to solve this problem? is this related to Fortran compiler I installed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

In my earlier post, I was pointing towards fortran compiler only, since it seems as culprit causing issue now. Though I am not sure about its effect in such manner, I would like to know the result of uninstalling compiler and see if it helps.

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

unfortunately, after reinstalling vivado and fortran compiler nothing change!!

any solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @mohamad.labbaf 

Please check if this helps.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25774763/compilation-error-in-vivado

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

thanks about your comment, at alst i restore my windows to two weeks ago and now all thing is good. now I can use simulation without any error .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos