Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

ZYNQMP ELF simulation

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Is it possible to include the ELF in vivado simulation for a ZCU102 (zynq ultrascale+) design?

I have seem some posts that talks about such a simulation when microblaze is used. If ARM in PS is used then can I still run a simulation such that the c code that would have been executed on hw, also somehow gets executed by ps during simulation?

When I tried associate elf file after adding it to simulation sources, it says -

"No usee accessible processors found for ELF file association"

If not to be simulated this way, is there any other way?

Regards

Chinmaya

Vervesemi Microelectronics

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ZYNQMP ELF simulation

Jump to solution

Hi @cdvervesemi ,

This Feature is not supported. you can simulate a Zynq MPSoC with ELF. Zynq have Hardcore Processor and this is not supported for simulation with Elf. 

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi,

All these seem to be about the case when a microblaze is in PL.

Is it possible to run vivado simulation (without involving board) such that the c code also becomes part of simulation.

One work-around I am using now is adding a new AXI VIP master and translate c codes that would actually run on PS to AXI transactions in simulation.

Thanks

Chinmaya

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @cdvervesemi ,

This Feature is not supported. you can simulate a Zynq MPSoC with ELF. Zynq have Hardcore Processor and this is not supported for simulation with Elf. 

Best Regards,
Srikanth
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos