Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

annoying problem about modelsim SE libraries with ISE

Dear all,

I am having annoying trouble with the Modelsim libraries.

1) I compiled all libraries with "Simulation Library Compilation Wizard" I got 34 errors for edk, and one more error for another thing, I forgot to take the snapshot and post here... Is it really worrying thing to be

2) In Process properties of Simulate behavioural model -> what to put in "compiled Library directory"... Some time when I put the working directory "C:\Xilinx\13.2\ISE_DS\ISE" it works and some time does not... Then I have to make it default i.e. "$XILINX\<language>\<simulator>" so sometime it works with it and some time not then I again change to previous and it start working...

3) what does[B] $XILINX\<language>\<simulator>[/B] means...! please elaborate...

Sorry for being so verbose... I have one more strange problem but I will post it later... :-)

Many Thanks in advance...

Shan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Historian
Historian

Re: annoying problem about modelsim SE libraries with ISE

@sraza wrote:

Dear all,

I am having annoying trouble with the Modelsim libraries.

1) I compiled all libraries with "Simulation Library Compilation Wizard" I got 34 errors for edk, and one more error for another thing, I forgot to take the snapshot and post here... Is it really worrying thing to be

2) In Process properties of Simulate behavioural model -> what to put in "compiled Library directory"... Some time when I put the working directory "C:\Xilinx\13.2\ISE_DS\ISE" it works and some time does not... Then I have to make it default i.e. "$XILINX\<language>\<simulator>" so sometime it works with it and some time not then I again change to previous and it start working...

3) what does[B] $XILINX\<language>\<simulator>[/B] means...! please elaborate...

Sorry for being so verbose... I have one more strange problem but I will post it later... :-)

Many Thanks in advance...

Shan

You have to substitute actual values for <language> and <simulator>. Language is obviously VHDL or Verilog, and simulator is something that indicates what simulation tool is actually being used.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: annoying problem about modelsim SE libraries with ISE

What is the SE version you are trying to use with ISE 13.2?
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos