cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldm.eth
Explorer
Explorer

compile_simlib -> how to import the compiled libraries to Questa? How to compile a single unisim VHDL library for Questa?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

What's the proper use of the compile_simlib command for compilation of the Xilinx libraries for Questa?

Actually I need to compile the unisim VHDL library for Questa.

How can I do so with the compile_simlib or by another method?

How should I import the comiled libraries to Questa?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@ldm.eth,

Try this out...

In your command prompt go to your xilinx installation directory and from there run compxlib.exe for UNISIM libraries.

for example: compxlib -s questa -l all -arch all -lib all -w -dir C:\my_xilinx_questa_lib

Read this AR - https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/15338.html

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@ldm.eth,

Try this out...

In your command prompt go to your xilinx installation directory and from there run compxlib.exe for UNISIM libraries.

for example: compxlib -s questa -l all -arch all -lib all -w -dir C:\my_xilinx_questa_lib

Read this AR - https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/15338.html

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ldm.eth
Explorer
Explorer

OK, but how Questa could recognize this compiled libraries?

Should I import them to Questa in some way? How should I refer to the libraries while working with Questa?

0 Kudos
stfarley
Adventurer
Adventurer

Look up the vmap command

0 Kudos
graces

@ldm.eth  已写:

OK, but how Questa could recognize this compiled libraries?

Should I import them to Questa in some way? How should I refer to the libraries while working with Questa?

There's a modelsim.ini which contains pre-compiled library mappings produced in the directory where you run compile_simlib.

When you run simulation, the file needs to be copied to the simulation directory and you need to add -L switch in vopt/vsim command to reference the pre-compiled libraries. If you launch simulation from within Vivado GUI, just point to the pre-compiled library location in Simulation Settings and the tool will do the above in the background.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos