UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

custom modelsim.ini file using Modelsim in Vivado?

Jump to solution

How to use custom modelsim.ini file using 3rd party Simulator (Modelsim) in Vivado?

More precisely I want to add configs into my modelsim.ini, however the Vivado passes a generated modelsim.ini file to Modelsim, (which overwrites my modifications).

Is there a source (template) modelsim.ini file which can be modified permanenty?

Is there any TCL command to add lines to modelsim.ini?

I use:

• Win10
  • Vivado 2017.4
  • Modelsim PE10.6d
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: custom modelsim.ini file using Modelsim in Vivado?

Jump to solution

Finally I found that Vivado uses the modelsim.ini located in the precompiled library directory as the template.

The simulation can uses custom modelsim.ini by modifying that modelsim.ini file.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Finally I found that Vivado uses the modelsim.ini located in the precompiled library directory as the template.

The simulation can uses custom modelsim.ini by modifying that modelsim.ini file.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @betontalpfa ,

Can you please close this thread by marking your post with solution as accept as solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos