Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenryan2
Explorer
Explorer

export_simulation --> invalid command name "rdi::verify_ip_sim_status"

Jump to solution

I'm trying to export a simulation, tried both Questa and Riviera targets.  I get the above error message:

export_ip_user_files -no_script -force
export_simulation  -lib_map_path "foo_lib_path" -export_source_files -force -directory "../sim" -simulator questa  -ip_user_files_dir {foo.ip_user_files} -ipstatic_source_dir {foo.ip_user_files/ipstatic}
invalid command name "rdi::verify_ip_sim_status"

(the file paths referenced are changed to protect the innocent)

This is Vivado 2016.2.  I have not been able to find anything about the "verify_ip_sim_status" command, looks like an internal Vivado command.

The design I'm attempting to simulate has been built and works on real hardware, so it is a valid design at least.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kenryan2
Explorer
Explorer

I do have it behaving now.

The issue is my ability to update the tcl app store is broken (I have a separate post for that somewhere around here).  After blowing away AppData/Roaming/Xilinx I can export simulations cleanly unless I attempt to refresh the tcl apps in the app store.  So I have to simply remember to never touch the Refresh button in the Tcl App store.

I'm guessing the failed refresh ended up with the simulator interface scripts left in a broken state.

(re: tcl app store: the app store refresh evidently does a git update from the repo; this results in a conflict in the index file and everything from then on barfs because of the extra "=" characters in the file.  Doing the trick of downloading a copy and pointing to it with the environment variable sort of works, except it then I get ~80 useless "critical warnings" in my build because of the override).

ken

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kenryan2

Open your project in Vivado GUI and just run the "export_simulation" command.

This will generate the required scripts for all third party simulators.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
kenryan2
Explorer
Explorer

Nope ...

open_project: Time (s): cpu = 00:01:07 ; elapsed = 00:00:50 . Memory (MB): peak = 1686.191 ; gain = 940.969
export_simulation
export_simulation: Time (s): cpu = 00:00:08 ; elapsed = 00:00:12 . Memory (MB): peak = 1686.191 ; gain = 0.000
invalid command name "rdi::verify_ip_sim_status"

0 Kudos
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kenryan2

Can you please try with other machine? This looks to be a corrupt installation issue to me.

If this works in other machine, you may consider re-installing Vivado.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
0 Kudos
svanapar
Explorer
Explorer

@kenryan2

Can you run export_simulation on an example design to narrow down if the issue is with your environment?

Regards,

Sravanthi

0 Kudos
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kenryan2

Do you have any updates? Post the status for us to assist you further.

Thanks,Vijay
0 Kudos
svanapar
Explorer
Explorer

@kenryan2

Did that help? Is it working with example design?

Regards,

Sravanthi

0 Kudos
kenryan2
Explorer
Explorer

I do have it behaving now.

The issue is my ability to update the tcl app store is broken (I have a separate post for that somewhere around here).  After blowing away AppData/Roaming/Xilinx I can export simulations cleanly unless I attempt to refresh the tcl apps in the app store.  So I have to simply remember to never touch the Refresh button in the Tcl App store.

I'm guessing the failed refresh ended up with the simulator interface scripts left in a broken state.

(re: tcl app store: the app store refresh evidently does a git update from the repo; this results in a conflict in the index file and everything from then on barfs because of the extra "=" characters in the file.  Doing the trick of downloading a copy and pointing to it with the environment variable sort of works, except it then I get ~80 useless "critical warnings" in my build because of the override).

ken

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
svanapar
Explorer
Explorer

@kenryan2

Good to know that the issue is resolved. Please close the thread by accepting appropriate answer

Regards,

Sravanthi

0 Kudos