cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

failed to compile VHDL simulation libraries with VCS and failed to compile in VCS

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have been faced with two urgent problems:

========================1=====================

vivado failed to compile the simulation library.the summary indicate there are 5 errors while compile the unisim(3 errors), unimacro(1 error) and unifast(1 error) VHDL libraries. The error infos are as below:

1) INFO: Please refer to the messages between 'BEGIN_COMPILATION_MESSAGES(vcs_mx:vhdl:unimacro)' and 'END_COMPILATION_MESSAGES(vcs_mx:vhdl:unimacro)' in the log file compile_simlib.log for details of compilation error(s).

2) INFO: Please refer to the messages between 'BEGIN_COMPILATION_MESSAGES(vcs_mx:vhdl:unifast)' and 'END_COMPILATION_MESSAGES(vcs_mx:vhdl:unifast)' in the log file compile_simlib.log for details of compilation error(s).

3) Please refer to the messages between 'BEGIN_COMPILATION_MESSAGES(vcs_mx:vhdl:unisim)' and 'END_COMPILATION_MESSAGES(vcs_mx:vhdl:unisim)' in the log file compile_simlib.log for details of compilation error(s).

OS = Centos 6.6 
Compiler version = VCS-MX-vj-2014-12

please check the attched compile_sim.log file

===================2==================

I still use VCS to simulate my code regardless of not having the right simulation libraries. It encounters errors in compile step and the vhdlan.log is provided for checking which I could barely understand. Is this because VCS can't parse the VHDL encrypted by Xilinx ?

How can I resolve all this ? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You may want to check your environment settings, in particular, $VCS_HOME, $PATH.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @li_zicong

From the vlogan.log file, I see that you are using H-2013.06 version of VCS.

The compatible version of vcs for Vivado 2015.4 is: J-2014.12-SP2

See this answer record for more information: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68324.html

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thanks for reminding me!

I have both VCS-2013 and VCS-2014-mx installed on my system, set "/ecad/tools/synopsys/vcs-mx-vj-2014-12/bin" as "VCS simulator install path" in Vivado Options and "Simulator executable path" in Compile Simulation Libraries and choose VCS in Simulation Setting. How could that happen ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You may want to check your environment settings, in particular, $VCS_HOME, $PATH.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Thank you so so much!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer
After fixing the environment value problem, I could used VCS as my simulator. VCS GUI pops up too and starts to parse my source code, but it  encounters a error which is "No available context, VCS RUNTIME ERROR" after showing all my modules are compiled, Of course, simulation can not  start. I google it, but it seems that there are little problem concerned with mine. Do you have any idea? Thanks 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

For the new error, it looks more related to VCS install/environment. I'd suggest that you contact VCS support for investigation.

0 Kudos