UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

mark hdl record for debug

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's a way to mark for debug a signal whose type is user defined record.

Is it possible or shall I open the synthesized design and see how the record has been exploded?

Regards,

Mariano

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: mark hdl record for debug

Hi @mariano_severi,

Can you please open synthesized design and check if the signal you want to debug exists. 

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Scholar richardhead
Scholar

I have marked records for debug without a problem (including VHDL 2008 unconstrained types)

You have to mark the whole record though, you cannot mark individual members. If the record is rather large, this may have an effect on the layout/ routing as it will prevent optimization of the record.

I have done this using the mark_debug attribute in HDL.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

@richardhead wrote:You have to mark the whole record though, you cannot mark individual members. If the record is rather large, this may have an effect on the layout/ routing as it will prevent optimization of the record.

Agreed. Hopefully, Xilinx will add this ability at some point. The workarounds are very clumsy. 

0 Kudos
Scholar richardhead
Scholar

@corestar

While you have to mark an entire record for debug, you can manually remove the parts you dont want during the setup of debug.

0 Kudos