UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

modifying source files during simulation

Hi all

When using modelsim, If a source file is changed you can simply write the restart command in the tcl console in order for the simulator to include the changes.

For ISIM when using GUI. When i change a source file a have to use the relauch command which parses all files from the beginning to update the executable file. Simulating a large design including post synthesis unisim simulation models takes a long time to relaunch the simulation. Is there any way to make the simulator parse and compile the only changed file ?

I use vhpcomp in the tcl console but then i have a use the relaunch command which parses all files again !!

I'm using ISIM with ISE13.3. Using the project file method to generate the executable file then i launch the simulation using the -gui option.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: modifying source files during simulation

Try using the switch -incremental next time when you run fuse next time. I think you are using a command line flow. For Details refer ISIM User Guide for switch description and usage.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Does the incremental switch takes effect when using the relaunch button within the Isim GUI ?

Because the relaunch effectively runs the fuse again !

0 Kudos

If you run re-launch it would run fuse without fail. But the fuse would have the switch present only when you have enabled it in Simulation Properties :

fuse.exe -relaunch -intstyle "ise" -incremental -lib "unisims_ver" -lib "unimacro_ver" -lib "xilinxcorelib_ver" -o "/testbench_isim_beh.exe" -prj "/testbench_beh.prj" "work.testbench" "work.glbl"

Ensure you have kept the -incremental switch ON in the Simulate Behavioral Model Properties in GUI.
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.