Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

modifying source files during simulation

Hi all

When using modelsim, If a source file is changed you can simply write the restart command in the tcl console in order for the simulator to include the changes.

For ISIM when using GUI. When i change a source file a have to use the relauch command which parses all files from the beginning to update the executable file. Simulating a large design including post synthesis unisim simulation models takes a long time to relaunch the simulation. Is there any way to make the simulator parse and compile the only changed file ?

I use vhpcomp in the tcl console but then i have a use the relaunch command which parses all files again !!

I'm using ISIM with ISE13.3. Using the project file method to generate the executable file then i launch the simulation using the -gui option.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: modifying source files during simulation

Try using the switch -incremental next time when you run fuse next time. I think you are using a command line flow. For Details refer ISIM User Guide for switch description and usage.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Does the incremental switch takes effect when using the relaunch button within the Isim GUI ?

Because the relaunch effectively runs the fuse again !

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you run re-launch it would run fuse without fail. But the fuse would have the switch present only when you have enabled it in Simulation Properties :

fuse.exe -relaunch -intstyle "ise" -incremental -lib "unisims_ver" -lib "unimacro_ver" -lib "xilinxcorelib_ver" -o "/testbench_isim_beh.exe" -prj "/testbench_beh.prj" "work.testbench" "work.glbl"

Ensure you have kept the -incremental switch ON in the Simulate Behavioral Model Properties in GUI.
Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.