UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie dbasberg

newbie - can not find error reports for compiles (implementation & sim)

Jump to solution

I am trying to read the help docs, but have not found how to see compiler errors.

I have had implement failures for sch to hdl and failures in iSIM to simulate (due to syntax errors in my test bench I assume.  I can not find the error messages.  Right clicking the 'simulate behavioral model provides 'text report' choice.  When I select that, I get no result.  If anyone can just give me a hint about what to read to learn about these things, that would be great.  I am willing to read and learn, but, so far, I have not found anything to help with this.

Thanks for any help.  BTW, when I get my syntax perfect, the tools work well.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Newbie dbasberg

Re: newbie - can not find error reports for compiles (implementation & sim)

Jump to solution

I found the answer myself.  I did more help searching for syntax error, compiler error, etc. and found that I had not enabled the panels for tcl console, errors, and warnings.  Turned those on and it showed me what my syntax error was and I was in business.  I have applied my test bench and verified my schematic/vhld.

Honest, I had tried to find the answer before I posted and only when I lost two days of progress on the progress, posted for help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Newbie dbasberg

Re: newbie - can not find error reports for compiles (implementation & sim)

Jump to solution

I found the answer myself.  I did more help searching for syntax error, compiler error, etc. and found that I had not enabled the panels for tcl console, errors, and warnings.  Turned those on and it showed me what my syntax error was and I was in business.  I have applied my test bench and verified my schematic/vhld.

Honest, I had tried to find the answer before I posted and only when I lost two days of progress on the progress, posted for help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos