UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non stable IDELAYE2 simulation

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate my LVDS receiver for a 16bit DDR ADC,

the receiver is made of an IBUFDS, an IDELAYE2 and an IDDR for each +/- LVDS pair.

The delay inserted by the IDELAYE2 object is changing through the simulation run: it starts with a ~600ps value (which is apparently default for 7series) than moves to 4000ps then comes back to 600ps, although I am applying a constant value (0) to all of them, and I also make sure the IDELAYCTRL is declared as locked before checking the data. This is not really a problem but the decoded data is therefore not stable and rubbish

I am not sure what might be causing this behaviour, any guesses?

EDIT:

I was using the "VAR_LOAD" opmode, that is, CNTVALUEIN is loaded any time "LD" is '1'

Switching to "FIXED" opmode with a default CNTVALUE fixes the problem

So I might be doing something wrong with my Load interface:

• LD is high for one clock cycle & latches CNTVALUE
  • loading causes IDELAYCTRL to RESET and RST is held for many nanosecs (not sure reseting this guy is needed)
  • The test bench now loads a default CNTVALUE for all IDELAY but the problem is still there
  • The test bench does not check CNTVALUEout (make sure CNTVALUEin was properly latched as expected) 
G.W.,
NIST - Time Frequency metrology
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: non stable IDELAYE2 simulation

Jump to solution

Problem solved

my bad, I unintentionally tied 'CE' to '1' as I was probably thinking of 'Clock enable' when I did it, but CE/LD/C are part of the loading interface

so the simulation works fine for both FIXED/VAR_LOAD modes of operation

G.W.,
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: non stable IDELAYE2 simulation

Jump to solution

Problem solved

my bad, I unintentionally tied 'CE' to '1' as I was probably thinking of 'Clock enable' when I did it, but CE/LD/C are part of the loading interface

so the simulation works fine for both FIXED/VAR_LOAD modes of operation

G.W.,
0 Kudos