UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal delay problem in post route simulation

hello

when i try to simulate my design in poste route mode simulation in ISIM i encounter some problems,

the signal delays are not shown in the simulation

does any one knows how should i fix it?

thanks saber

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: signal delay problem in post route simulation

check to make sure you generated the SDF file correctly and it is being annotated on the design properly.

- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer and your time, i can see the generated file .sdf , but i dont it is generate correctely or not how can i add this file to ISIM

0 Kudos

whats ur mean about annotated correctely?
0 Kudos

when i simulate i see these erors how can i fix it??

ERROR: Can not find hierarchical name Maddsub_o1_mux0007_Madd_92_rt in the current scope. ERROR: SetupHold can not be annotated for Maddsub_o1_mux0007_Madd_92_rt. ERROR: Can not find hierarchical name Maddsub_o1_mux0007_Madd_92_rt in the current scope. ERROR: SetupHold can not be annotated for Maddsub_o1_mux0007_Madd_92_rt. ERROR: Can not find hierarchical name Maddsub_o1_mux0007_Madd_92_rt in the current scope. ERROR: SetupHold can not be annotated for Maddsub_o1_mux0007_Madd_92_rt. ERROR: Can not find hierarchical name Maddsub_o1_mux0007_Madd_92_rt in the current scope. ERROR: SetupHold can not be annotated for Maddsub_o1_mux0007_Madd_92_rt. ERROR: Can not find hierarchical name center1_5 in the current scope. ERmemvalue1_5.

WARNING: ISim could not properly annotate the SDF timing delay information.

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

It seems that you have an SDF file but it's not being annotated properly. You need to figure out how $sdf_annotate is being called. You might need to add the proper --sdfroot to your compilation script. The errors you see suggest that annotation is not starting at the right point in hierarchy. Find out where Maddsub_o1_mux0007_Madd_92_rt is and add -sdfroot to that.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Whatversionoftools are you using?

In case of using VIvado 2012.X please refer http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54930.html 

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos